API in Wan Bao on 16 Feb 08 – Debunking Ubin haunted House

Home Page Forums API Investigations Supernatural Occurences API in Wan Bao on 16 Feb 08 – Debunking Ubin haunted House

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

A posting in STOMP about a haunted house in Pulau Ubin prompted a Reporter to seek API’s help in checking out if the house is really haunted.

Old, abandoned, dilapidated. This house, which has fallen into disrepair, caused a STOMPer’s hair to stand on end, when he walked past it on one of his visits to Pulau Ubin.

A traveller shares his tale via email on Dec 9:

“These pictures were taken at Pulau Ubin near a seaside coffee shop. You can see that this haunted house has been abandoned for years and now the roots of the fig tree have almost enveloped the whole roof.

“An old man at the coffee shop told me that years ago, the landlord wanted to increase the rent and the tenant in a fit of anger murdered him. Having seen the deceased’s ghost on a number of occasions, the tenant quickly moved out of the premises. Since then passersby have heard noises coming from this house in the middle of the night.

“Word has it that many years ago when the original landlord built this house the land was occupied by some graves of the early settlers of the island.

“When I walked past this house my hair stood on end and somehow I had an eerie feeling that it was not safe to go too near to the house.

API Replies…. In the end, it is really just an abandoned house, owned by SLA.

If the landlord is SLA, how could SLA be ‘killed’?

History of Ubin land
      In reality, no Ubin resident truly own the land in Ubin, unlike mainland Singapore, where all lands have plot dimensions & title deeds.

The early settlers built houses near the sea as fishermen.

The later settlers, mainly quarries workers, built small huts inside the island.

Later they settle down & marry the women on the islands and started their own farming & agriculture.

Later the Government also lease out the land for prawn/shrimp rearing.

These commercial lands have proper land deeds.

Ubin residents do not have such deeds.

Now all ubin residents have Temporary Occupation License (TOL) from SLA to continue to stay there.

The Empty House
      No residental dwelling house remains within the jetty area, as only commercial premises, like drinks, restaurants & bicycle rentals shops.

From the wiring & switches, the house should be from the 1970s. This is proven correct by the former landlady who says they given up the house when govt started building HDB.

After Bukit Ho Swee Fire, Govt acelerated the public housing projects as they then realise the danger of living on timber attap houses.

The demolishing of kampongs & relocation of kampong residents started gradually from town centre spreading to the more rural kampongs.

Kampongs in Ponggol was chased out in 1970s as well. So the Pulau Ubin Houses must had been acquired at around that time too.

The residents must have now and then use the place as storage for their stuff.

Anonymous

The house shown in the picture, look so clean. *Agree*
        Did anyone re-constructed the house?

If the ghost recognize the owner, it’s possible that the person will be haunted. 😆
        Or the ghost only haunt those who live in the house?

To you guys, what does “haunted” mean? Bad luck? Jinx? 😀 (No dictionary please)

Everywhere is haunted.
        Even my house is haunted. (Continue reading and you know why)

“An old man at the coffee shop told me that years ago, the landlord wanted to increase the rent and the tenant in a fit of anger murdered him. Having seen the deceased’s ghost on a number of occasions, the tenant quickly moved out of the premises. Since then passersby have heard noises coming from this house in the middle of the night.

Is there a proof of people murder? Newspaper, anything?
        Sorry, i don’t trust 2nd or 3rd party words.

Maybe the tenant seen other than ghost? What sound did they heard? Crack sound? Or “Wooooo”??
        There is animals around. The house is old.
        That explain the sound.

Not only those house got sound, even my house got sound also. My Furniture and Television, also my neighbour upstair make noisy at night time 😆

Seeing ghosty figure?
        It might be people, birds, animal, rubbish flying about.
        I notice that Ubin got no Rubbish Bin! Only near the hut got one.
        I saw people throw rubbish everywhere they go… 🙄

A posting in STOMP about a haunted house in Pulau Ubin prompted a Reporter to seek API’s help in checking out if the house is really haunted.

Having seen the deceased’s ghost on a number of occasions

So, did API saw/detect any ghost? >_>

Beware~ We might get chased by Wild Pigs! 😆 No electricity or heated equipment allow at night.

You might notice that there is very less Street Lamp.

The Empty House

There seen to be many empty house in Pulau Ubin. Many were broken down to pieces. I can even see Old Toliet 😆 That is spooky.

I notice that there is many small alter/temple around the road, or near the premises.

True or Myth? While landing Ubin, you must pray to the Ubin God at the temple first, then can do exploring.

Last time, i come to Ubin for chalet. I didn’t pray to any god. Enter the tombs, nothing happen. Still safe and sound.

Sound like a myth.

Cheers
        Mary

• Author

Anonymous

Old, abandoned, dilapidated. This house, which has fallen into disrepair, caused a STOMPer’s hair to stand on end, when he walked past it on one of his visits to Pulau Ubin.

A traveller shares his tale via email on Dec 9:

“These pictures were taken at Pulau Ubin near a seaside coffee shop. You can see that this haunted house has been abandoned for years and now the roots of the fig tree have almost enveloped the whole roof.

“Word has it that many years ago when the original landlord built this house the land was occupied by some graves of the early settlers of the island.

“When I walked past this house my hair stood on end and somehow I had an eerie feeling that it was not safe to go too near to the house.

API Replies…. In the end, it is really just an abandoned house, owned by SLA.

History of Ubin land
          In reality, no Ubin resident truly own the land in Ubin, unlike mainland Singapore, where all lands have plot dimensions & title deeds.

The early settlers built houses near the sea as fishermen.

The later settlers, mainly quarries workers, built small huts inside the island.

Later they settle down & marry the women on the islands and started their own farming & agriculture.

Later the Government also lease out the land for prawn/shrimp rearing.

These commercial lands have proper land deeds.

Ubin residents do not have such deeds.

Now all ubin residents have Temporary Occupation License (TOL) from SLA to continue to stay there.

The Empty House
          No residental dwelling house remains within the jetty area, as only commercial premises, like drinks, restaurants & bicycle rentals shops.

From the wiring & switches, the house should be from the 1970s. This is proven correct by the former landlady who says they given up the house when govt started building HDB.

After Bukit Ho Swee Fire, Govt acelerated the public housing projects as they then realise the danger of living on timber attap houses.

The demolishing of kampongs & relocation of kampong residents started gradually from town centre spreading to the more rural kampongs.

Kampongs in Ponggol was chased out in 1970s as well. So the Pulau Ubin Houses must had been acquired at around that time too.

The residents must have now and then use the place as storage for their stuff.

Anonymous

The house shown in the picture, look so clean. *Agree*
            Did anyone re-constructed the house?

If the ghost recognize the owner, it’s possible that the person will be haunted. 😆
            Or the ghost only haunt those who live in the house?

To you guys, what does “haunted” mean? Bad luck? Jinx? 😀 (No dictionary please)

Everywhere is haunted.
            Even my house is haunted. (Continue reading and you know why)

Is there a proof of people murder? Newspaper, anything?
            Sorry, i don’t trust 2nd or 3rd party words.

Maybe the tenant seen other than ghost? What sound did they heard? Crack sound? Or “Wooooo”??
            There is animals around. The house is old.
            That explain the sound.

Not only those house got sound, even my house got sound also. My Furniture and Television, also my neighbour upstair make noisy at night time 😆

Seeing ghosty figure?
            It might be people, birds, animal, rubbish flying about.
            I notice that Ubin got no Rubbish Bin! Only near the hut got one.
            I saw people throw rubbish everywhere they go… 🙄

Having seen the deceased’s ghost on a number of occasions

So, did API saw/detect any ghost? >_>

Beware~ We might get chased by Wild Pigs! 😆 No electricity or heated equipment allow at night.

You might notice that there is very less Street Lamp.

The Empty House

There seen to be many empty house in Pulau Ubin. Many were broken down to pieces. I can even see Old Toliet 😆 That is spooky.

I notice that there is many small alter/temple around the road, or near the premises.

True or Myth? While landing Ubin, you must pray to the Ubin God at the temple first, then can do exploring.

Last time, i come to Ubin for chalet. I didn’t pray to any god. Enter the tombs, nothing happen. Still safe and sound.

Sound like a myth.

Cheers
            Mary

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.