1955 postcard finally arrives

Home Page Forums API Global Weird / Baffling News 1955 postcard finally arrives

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Since it doesn’t really fall into the paranormal category i thot i’d post it here. Hope its interesting to u too.

Associated Press
      Aug. 26, 2005 07:40 AM

VANCOUVER, Canada – Peter Symons noticed something odd about a postcard he received in the mail from Florida.

“When I looked at it, I saw it had 4 cents in stamps and I said, ‘Well, that’s sort of strange,’ ” he said.

Then he noticed the postmark: Nov. 7, 1955. advertisement

The card, which he received Thursday, showed an aerial view of the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Fla. It bore a pair of 2-cent stamps with the image of Thomas Jefferson and was addressed to “Mrs. Harry McGee, 1-1135 Davie St., Vancouver 5, B.C., Canada.”

The message, written in blue ink, read: “Darling & kids: Arrived here 6:15 this morning. It’s nice and cool now but promises to be a stinker later on. Am going to have a wash and shoeshine, etc., and go into town.”

It was signed “Love & kisses, Har.”

Symons said the card is in good shape with just a couple of bends on one end.

Bob Taylor, a spokesman for Canada Post, said the delivery truly was a fluke. Because of insufficient postage, he said, the postcard should have been returned to sender.

• Author

Anonymous

Since it doesn’t really fall into the paranormal category i thot i’d post it here. Hope its interesting to u too.

Associated Press
        Aug. 26, 2005 07:40 AM

VANCOUVER, Canada – Peter Symons noticed something odd about a postcard he received in the mail from Florida.

“When I looked at it, I saw it had 4 cents in stamps and I said, ‘Well, that’s sort of strange,’ ” he said.

Then he noticed the postmark: Nov. 7, 1955. advertisement

The card, which he received Thursday, showed an aerial view of the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Fla. It bore a pair of 2-cent stamps with the image of Thomas Jefferson and was addressed to “Mrs. Harry McGee, 1-1135 Davie St., Vancouver 5, B.C., Canada.”

The message, written in blue ink, read: “Darling & kids: Arrived here 6:15 this morning. It’s nice and cool now but promises to be a stinker later on. Am going to have a wash and shoeshine, etc., and go into town.”

It was signed “Love & kisses, Har.”

Symons said the card is in good shape with just a couple of bends on one end.

Bob Taylor, a spokesman for Canada Post, said the delivery truly was a fluke. Because of insufficient postage, he said, the postcard should have been returned to sender.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.