A village lives in fear of a spook (India)

Home Page Forums API Global Cultural Beliefs, Legends, Folklore & Mythology A village lives in fear of a spook (India)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

A village lives in dread of a spook
      Ghaziabad, April 17

A ghost stalking the people of a sleepy hamlet in this hi-tech age may appear to be the stuff a Bollywood thriller is made of.

But as dusk falls and silence descends inhabitants of Shanti Vihar in Chamri village near Hapur say they have been feeling the presence of a ghost who has reportedly been haunting the place for over two months now. The death of three kids, including a boy and his sister, in the village has been attributed to the demon.

The district administration seems to care two hoots for the phantom. No efforts have been made to allay the misgivings of the natives and exorcise their fears.

A number of tantriks camping in the village profess they can drive the ghost out of the bodies of the victims. They have asked the womenfolk not to wear blue and yellow coloured garments.

Dr A. K. Goel, in-charge of the health centre, says, “Science does not permit us to give credence to the existence of spirits or ghosts. A team of doctors has visited the village. The administrative officers have also tried to banish their fears, but the villagers refuse to see reason.

They vehemently declare that they have seen an apparition umpteen times.

The medical team, which visited Chamri village on a fact-finding mission, has suggested that the villagers need a psychiatrist’s attention.

The police have also recorded the statement of the physically challenged girl in whose body the spirit is residing.

Dr B. S. Sodhi and pharmacist Neeraj Saini medically examined two women, Pushpa and Sultana, who were reportedly assaulted by the ghost. Dr Goel said: “The doctors could not detect symptoms of any disease in these women.”

The cases were psychiatric in nature and had nothing to do with ghosts or spirits, he asserted.

“If people are repeatedly told horror stories, it affects their psyche and people tend to feel the presence of a spirit. People need to be protected from rumours and a change of environment can do them a lot of good.”

A police team has talked thrice with the villagers. They were told that the spirit keeps entering the body of Hakimuddin’s physically challenged daughter, Sultana.

The spirit reportedly told the police, “I am Anis. I was murdered. If you punish my killers, I will go away.” The police put some questions to the spirit in connection with two recent murders in Chamri village. The disclosures reportedly startled the police team.

Inspector Dharam Veer Singh says, “It is difficult to say anything definite in this connection.” Meanwhile, the denizens of Chamri continue to live in dread of a ghost.

Source : http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030418/ncr1.htm

• Author

Anonymous

A village lives in dread of a spook
        Ghaziabad, April 17

A ghost stalking the people of a sleepy hamlet in this hi-tech age may appear to be the stuff a Bollywood thriller is made of.

But as dusk falls and silence descends inhabitants of Shanti Vihar in Chamri village near Hapur say they have been feeling the presence of a ghost who has reportedly been haunting the place for over two months now. The death of three kids, including a boy and his sister, in the village has been attributed to the demon.

The district administration seems to care two hoots for the phantom. No efforts have been made to allay the misgivings of the natives and exorcise their fears.

A number of tantriks camping in the village profess they can drive the ghost out of the bodies of the victims. They have asked the womenfolk not to wear blue and yellow coloured garments.

Dr A. K. Goel, in-charge of the health centre, says, “Science does not permit us to give credence to the existence of spirits or ghosts. A team of doctors has visited the village. The administrative officers have also tried to banish their fears, but the villagers refuse to see reason.

They vehemently declare that they have seen an apparition umpteen times.

The medical team, which visited Chamri village on a fact-finding mission, has suggested that the villagers need a psychiatrist’s attention.

The police have also recorded the statement of the physically challenged girl in whose body the spirit is residing.

Dr B. S. Sodhi and pharmacist Neeraj Saini medically examined two women, Pushpa and Sultana, who were reportedly assaulted by the ghost. Dr Goel said: “The doctors could not detect symptoms of any disease in these women.”

The cases were psychiatric in nature and had nothing to do with ghosts or spirits, he asserted.

“If people are repeatedly told horror stories, it affects their psyche and people tend to feel the presence of a spirit. People need to be protected from rumours and a change of environment can do them a lot of good.”

A police team has talked thrice with the villagers. They were told that the spirit keeps entering the body of Hakimuddin’s physically challenged daughter, Sultana.

The spirit reportedly told the police, “I am Anis. I was murdered. If you punish my killers, I will go away.” The police put some questions to the spirit in connection with two recent murders in Chamri village. The disclosures reportedly startled the police team.

Inspector Dharam Veer Singh says, “It is difficult to say anything definite in this connection.” Meanwhile, the denizens of Chamri continue to live in dread of a ghost.

Source : http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030418/ncr1.htm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.