Crawford County housewife chasing ghosts for fun

Home Page Forums API Clubhouse Anything Under the Sun… Crawford County housewife chasing ghosts for fun

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The Associated Press

MEADVILLE, Pa. – Colette MacLees is looking for more than dust bunnies when she sweeps through a house.

MacLees, 51, of Meadville, a housewife and mother of adult daughters, is a paranormal investigator and wants to start her own chapter of ghost chasers in northwestern Pennsylvania.

“I always felt the house I grew up in was haunted, although there are people who will disagree with that. All my life, strange things have happened to me that I couldn’t explain,” MacLees said.

But she began chasing ghosts in earnest about two years ago after a cousin was killed in a car accident.

“I woke up in the middle of the night and could smell his cologne,” MacLees said. “I got on the Internet and began checking things like that out and learning more.”

MacLees was recently certified by the United Paranormal Investigators Association, based in Bentleyville, Pa., which requires an online examination of one’s knowledge of the paranormal as well as the investigative tools and techniques used in the trade.

Ghost chasers like MacLees conduct detailed interviews with those who claim to see ghosts and the places where ghosts are reported. The encounters are recorded in writing and by videotape and digital voice recorders, and by film and digital cameras.

Sometimes electromagnetic field detectors, infrared equipment and thermometers are used to measure the energy and air temperature at the site of reported disturbances and ghost sightings.

MacLees spent last weekend at a UPIA event in Gettysburg, a favorite city for fans of the paranormal who are drawn because of its reputation for Civil War-era apparitions.

“There is so much energy there from what happened. You can just feel it,” MacLees said. “You don’t know where a ghost will be, but they are there and they find you.”

What MacLees hopes to find next are others like her who want to explore graveyards and reports of haunted houses and other unexplained phenomena in Crawford or other northwestern Pennsylvania counties.

“I want to investigate those places that are supposed to be haunted and see if there is actually something there,” MacLees said. “Whatever is happening could be something that is not paranormal at all. There are a lot of natural explanations, but some are paranormal.”

Information from: Erie Times-News

• Author

Anonymous

The Associated Press

MEADVILLE, Pa. – Colette MacLees is looking for more than dust bunnies when she sweeps through a house.

MacLees, 51, of Meadville, a housewife and mother of adult daughters, is a paranormal investigator and wants to start her own chapter of ghost chasers in northwestern Pennsylvania.

“I always felt the house I grew up in was haunted, although there are people who will disagree with that. All my life, strange things have happened to me that I couldn’t explain,” MacLees said.

But she began chasing ghosts in earnest about two years ago after a cousin was killed in a car accident.

“I woke up in the middle of the night and could smell his cologne,” MacLees said. “I got on the Internet and began checking things like that out and learning more.”

MacLees was recently certified by the United Paranormal Investigators Association, based in Bentleyville, Pa., which requires an online examination of one’s knowledge of the paranormal as well as the investigative tools and techniques used in the trade.

Ghost chasers like MacLees conduct detailed interviews with those who claim to see ghosts and the places where ghosts are reported. The encounters are recorded in writing and by videotape and digital voice recorders, and by film and digital cameras.

Sometimes electromagnetic field detectors, infrared equipment and thermometers are used to measure the energy and air temperature at the site of reported disturbances and ghost sightings.

MacLees spent last weekend at a UPIA event in Gettysburg, a favorite city for fans of the paranormal who are drawn because of its reputation for Civil War-era apparitions.

“There is so much energy there from what happened. You can just feel it,” MacLees said. “You don’t know where a ghost will be, but they are there and they find you.”

What MacLees hopes to find next are others like her who want to explore graveyards and reports of haunted houses and other unexplained phenomena in Crawford or other northwestern Pennsylvania counties.

“I want to investigate those places that are supposed to be haunted and see if there is actually something there,” MacLees said. “Whatever is happening could be something that is not paranormal at all. There are a lot of natural explanations, but some are paranormal.”

Information from: Erie Times-News

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.