Dead baby at CCK is Thai voodoo at work?

Home Page Forums API Singapore API A’X’IAN Files Dead baby at CCK is Thai voodoo at work?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The News Paper 29 Aug 2006

THE decomposed body of a baby – was found early yesterday morning in Choa Chu Kang.

The tiny body measuring just 25.4cm in length was wrapped in white cloth and buried in a shallow grave on top of a grassy hill along Sungei Tengah road. It was found in front of a makeshift altar.

There are two statues on the hill believed to be of Indian and Buddhist deities. Scattered around the burial ground were incense paper, candles and incense sticks. An Indian temple used to stand at that spot, but was torn down 10 years ago.

However, the area was still frequented by devotees who go there to pray for wealth. The place is believed to be auspicious and believers their prayers will be heard. It’s understood that the person who tipped off the police could have been one of these devotees who went there to pray regularly.

The boss of a fishing farm in the area, Mr Ye Jing Li, expressed his shock to Lianhe Wanbao. He said: ‘I did not hear anything from my workers about this incident, even those on the morning shift did not not see police in the area coming to investigate.’

Most workers and members of the public interviewed by the papers were not aware of the incident. However, they expressed shock that someone would be so cruel as to dump a baby’s body in the wilderness.

The police are treating the case as one of unnatural death.

Any one who knows more about the matter can call police at 1800 255 0000, to asist in investigations.

A farmer told reporters that the people who come to pay pray at the hill were mostly Singaporeans and include both Chinese and Indians.

The Shin Min Daily News report said the pint-sized corpse is believed to be under a month old, and there was hair on the baby’s head.

The body was sent yesterday morning for several tests. The sex of the baby is not known.

How the baby was wrapped

The body was covered with a layer of oil, and wrapped by 5 layers. First layer is a napkin, Second layer is an orange handkerchief with thai sutra words, third layer is a plastic bag, fourth layer is a white cloth and fifth layer is a zip sealed plastic bag.

Next to the baby is another small bag, it contains 2 crosses, 2 pendants with Mother Mary and Jesus and a black chain.

Different cultural experts have different opinion.:

Wei Ghim Boon : This is a typical Thai North Voodoo of keeping baby ghost. The oil is to keep the essence of the dead baby. Putting the baby at the altar with the Christian cross is to made the baby ghost more vicious and revengeful, therefore stronger power.

Another expert: This is not any Thai voodoo because in Thai Voodoo, the baby needs to be soaked in a bottle and not exposed to the elements. Also no Christain cross can be used at all. Most likely the person who abandon the baby need a peace of mind and hence abandon the baby at the altar and uses many gods including Jesus Christ and Mother Mary for peace of mind.

fengshui remarks:

According to some Thai reports on rearing baby ghosts:

There are 3 ways to rear a baby ghost :

Oil baby ghost 油鬼仔

Idol baby ghost 鬼仔像

Evil baby ghost 邪鬼仔

In the old days, Thai voodoo masters use to oil real baby corpse and corpse oil for the rituals, but nowadays, it has become more “civilised” and Thai voodoo masters use a type of baby ghost doll called Kumanthong (or Golden Child). Only rarely do some voodoo masters practice the real baby ghost ritual called the Evil baby ghost.

Oil Baby ghost : The voodoo master use bamboo to carve out the shape of a baby and put it in a glass vial. Prayer oil is poured until the chest level

Example of Oil baby ghost

Idol Baby ghost: In the old days, voodoo masters use dead babies finger nails, hairs etc to put into a mould and create the baby idols. Nowadays, no such macabre condiments are added. All types of baby idols using clay, copper or even plastic are used.

Once the baby ghost is created either using bamboo or mould, the voodoo master will need to perform certain rites to empower the Kumanthong

Another example of Kumanthong. This one was offered on the internet for S$1800 complete with instruction manual.

Evil baby ghost : This is the real baby ghost. The voodoo muster need to find a dead foetus or a foetus that just died after birth. He used fire to burn the corpse to extract out the corpse oil. Then he need to recite sutras for at least 49 days. The resulting baby corpse is only the size of a human palm. This shriveled corpse is then put into a little coffin, and blood is needed to feed the baby ghost.

This kind of real practice is now extremely rare in Thailand, as people thinks that the repercussions of not keeping the evil baby ghost is disastrous once one is no longer interested in keeping it. It is said to ruin families of those abandoning the evil baby ghost if they do not want to keep it any longer. (請鬼容易送鬼難) Most Thai prefer the oil baby ghost or the idol baby ghost as one can just return them to the voodoo master once they are no longer interested to keep the baby ghost.

What do you think now of the one month old dead baby abandoned at the CCK altar, surrounded with the blessings of so many gods?

May the baby rest in peace!

Anonymous

WOW! I heard of BlackCat Bone on sale. o.o Now there’s baby ghost doll ….. hmmm….

Anyway, is it possible that the baby is forbid by his/her parent?

May god bless this baby and find the baby’s killer/parent quickly

Anonymous

I do really hate such people who dump their babies for stupid reasons such as underage parents, no time, no money and stuff like that. These people are really very irresponsible to left a life and letting it to rot. If i will to do that, i will rather let it be adopted or somehow like that or even don let it be born. GOSH!

I do hope that evil parents/guardian got caught and sentence to long term jail or more, this should be rated Cruety to Human beings, shall sentence them to death.

am i bad? =P 😆

Anonymous

8) Nah. You right. They should sentence to jail or death or something and NO FINE. If want fine, charge them fines and sent to death better xD Let the government or court to earn money also can 😆

😡 Oh! Oh! If for me, I will send to adoption or feed my own or send to a place where ppl help to take care poor parent’s baby, and when the parent able to feed the child, can take it back. Something like that lah. Dont know got this or not 🙄

Anonymous

if like say. u cant keep the child of financial problem, send them to ppl who can afford to have them. at least they are alive and get a chance to be able to survive.. but.. they canot be lidat ma.. dump the kids, haix..
              sad to say, even singaporeans did that too.. often read in newspaper, babies thrown into dustbin, left outside house or on the rroad or playground, all kind of rubbish. haha.. if i see one, i bring home man..

• Author

Anonymous

The News Paper 29 Aug 2006

THE decomposed body of a baby – was found early yesterday morning in Choa Chu Kang.

The tiny body measuring just 25.4cm in length was wrapped in white cloth and buried in a shallow grave on top of a grassy hill along Sungei Tengah road. It was found in front of a makeshift altar.

There are two statues on the hill believed to be of Indian and Buddhist deities. Scattered around the burial ground were incense paper, candles and incense sticks. An Indian temple used to stand at that spot, but was torn down 10 years ago.

However, the area was still frequented by devotees who go there to pray for wealth. The place is believed to be auspicious and believers their prayers will be heard. It’s understood that the person who tipped off the police could have been one of these devotees who went there to pray regularly.

The boss of a fishing farm in the area, Mr Ye Jing Li, expressed his shock to Lianhe Wanbao. He said: ‘I did not hear anything from my workers about this incident, even those on the morning shift did not not see police in the area coming to investigate.’

Most workers and members of the public interviewed by the papers were not aware of the incident. However, they expressed shock that someone would be so cruel as to dump a baby’s body in the wilderness.

The police are treating the case as one of unnatural death.

Any one who knows more about the matter can call police at 1800 255 0000, to asist in investigations.

A farmer told reporters that the people who come to pay pray at the hill were mostly Singaporeans and include both Chinese and Indians.

The Shin Min Daily News report said the pint-sized corpse is believed to be under a month old, and there was hair on the baby’s head.

The body was sent yesterday morning for several tests. The sex of the baby is not known.

How the baby was wrapped

The body was covered with a layer of oil, and wrapped by 5 layers. First layer is a napkin, Second layer is an orange handkerchief with thai sutra words, third layer is a plastic bag, fourth layer is a white cloth and fifth layer is a zip sealed plastic bag.

Next to the baby is another small bag, it contains 2 crosses, 2 pendants with Mother Mary and Jesus and a black chain.

Different cultural experts have different opinion.:

Wei Ghim Boon : This is a typical Thai North Voodoo of keeping baby ghost. The oil is to keep the essence of the dead baby. Putting the baby at the altar with the Christian cross is to made the baby ghost more vicious and revengeful, therefore stronger power.

Another expert: This is not any Thai voodoo because in Thai Voodoo, the baby needs to be soaked in a bottle and not exposed to the elements. Also no Christain cross can be used at all. Most likely the person who abandon the baby need a peace of mind and hence abandon the baby at the altar and uses many gods including Jesus Christ and Mother Mary for peace of mind.

fengshui remarks:

According to some Thai reports on rearing baby ghosts:

There are 3 ways to rear a baby ghost :

Oil baby ghost 油鬼仔

Idol baby ghost 鬼仔像

Evil baby ghost 邪鬼仔

In the old days, Thai voodoo masters use to oil real baby corpse and corpse oil for the rituals, but nowadays, it has become more “civilised” and Thai voodoo masters use a type of baby ghost doll called Kumanthong (or Golden Child). Only rarely do some voodoo masters practice the real baby ghost ritual called the Evil baby ghost.

Oil Baby ghost : The voodoo master use bamboo to carve out the shape of a baby and put it in a glass vial. Prayer oil is poured until the chest level

Example of Oil baby ghost

Idol Baby ghost: In the old days, voodoo masters use dead babies finger nails, hairs etc to put into a mould and create the baby idols. Nowadays, no such macabre condiments are added. All types of baby idols using clay, copper or even plastic are used.

Once the baby ghost is created either using bamboo or mould, the voodoo master will need to perform certain rites to empower the Kumanthong

Another example of Kumanthong. This one was offered on the internet for S$1800 complete with instruction manual.

Evil baby ghost : This is the real baby ghost. The voodoo muster need to find a dead foetus or a foetus that just died after birth. He used fire to burn the corpse to extract out the corpse oil. Then he need to recite sutras for at least 49 days. The resulting baby corpse is only the size of a human palm. This shriveled corpse is then put into a little coffin, and blood is needed to feed the baby ghost.

This kind of real practice is now extremely rare in Thailand, as people thinks that the repercussions of not keeping the evil baby ghost is disastrous once one is no longer interested in keeping it. It is said to ruin families of those abandoning the evil baby ghost if they do not want to keep it any longer. (請鬼容易送鬼難) Most Thai prefer the oil baby ghost or the idol baby ghost as one can just return them to the voodoo master once they are no longer interested to keep the baby ghost.

What do you think now of the one month old dead baby abandoned at the CCK altar, surrounded with the blessings of so many gods?

May the baby rest in peace!

Anonymous

WOW! I heard of BlackCat Bone on sale. o.o Now there’s baby ghost doll ….. hmmm….

Anyway, is it possible that the baby is forbid by his/her parent?

May god bless this baby and find the baby’s killer/parent quickly

Anonymous

I do really hate such people who dump their babies for stupid reasons such as underage parents, no time, no money and stuff like that. These people are really very irresponsible to left a life and letting it to rot. If i will to do that, i will rather let it be adopted or somehow like that or even don let it be born. GOSH!

I do hope that evil parents/guardian got caught and sentence to long term jail or more, this should be rated Cruety to Human beings, shall sentence them to death.

am i bad? =P 😆

Anonymous

8) Nah. You right. They should sentence to jail or death or something and NO FINE. If want fine, charge them fines and sent to death better xD Let the government or court to earn money also can 😆

😡 Oh! Oh! If for me, I will send to adoption or feed my own or send to a place where ppl help to take care poor parent’s baby, and when the parent able to feed the child, can take it back. Something like that lah. Dont know got this or not 🙄

Anonymous

if like say. u cant keep the child of financial problem, send them to ppl who can afford to have them. at least they are alive and get a chance to be able to survive.. but.. they canot be lidat ma.. dump the kids, haix..
                        sad to say, even singaporeans did that too.. often read in newspaper, babies thrown into dustbin, left outside house or on the rroad or playground, all kind of rubbish. haha.. if i see one, i bring home man..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.