‘Face of Jesus’ on hawthorn tree

Home Page Forums API Global Cultural Beliefs, Legends, Folklore & Mythology ‘Face of Jesus’ on hawthorn tree

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

An image of Jesus found on a hawthorn tree in West Sussex has been described as a miracle and a revelation.
      Non-practising Hindu Sewdutt Maunick saw the markings on the trunk as he relaxed in his garden in Burgess Hill.

He told his wife he had seen the figure of a man, but when she looked she knew it was the face of Jesus.

The couple called in pastor Elaine Thomas who said it was a revelation from God. Mr Maunick says his family feels honoured to have witnessed it.

He said: “Something was actually urging me to come to this end of the garden because we never actually sit here.

“Suddenly I rushed to call my wife, Vijayantimala, and said ‘look, I have seen this figure of a man, come and look.

Father, son and holy toast – other miracle images

In pictures

“She came over and said she could see it, at which point she was very clear that it was Jesus.

“She was thrilled with emotion.”

The pair believe it was a miracle.

A leaflet from a church in Newhaven led the family to contact Ms Thomas who visited the garden.

“I think that often we are in the right place at the right time,” she said.

“It’s touched my heart and it’s done something for me.”

Mr and Mrs Maunick are now planning to talk about their revelation to the pastor’s congregation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4161112.stm

Anonymous

Shrouded in controversy
        Wrapping for the body of Jesus Christ or medieval hoax? The Shroud of Turin, the world’s most famous miracle image, has confounded the experts for hundreds of years. The mystery deepened when the image of a second face on the cloth was revealed in 2004.

Wonder wall
        To some it is just a shadow cast on the fence of a caravan park, to others it is the face of Jesus Christ. For the town of Port Germein, Australia, the nightly apparition – resulting from the combination of a street light, a wooden fence and a tree was a much needed tourist boost. In 2000 hundreds flocked to the town to view the image.

Chapati Jesus
        Unleavened bread has long been associated with Jesus thanks to its role in the Holy Communion. But in 2002 thousands flocked to a church in Bangalore, India, when an image of Jesus was seen on a chapati. Rather than being eaten, the loaf was promptly mounted in a glass case for all to see.

These picture and information are also taken from the link above.

Anonymous

How do you know that Jesus looks like this as there are no historical records on how he look like. All these images of Jesus are only the artist’s impression on how he look like. Therefore, people can’t just conclude that all these miracle faces belongs to Jesus. It can also look like some middle east guy (no offence) or some other gods.

Anonymous

@squall_leonhart wrote:

How do you know that Jesus looks like this as there are no historical records on how he look like. All these images of Jesus are only the artist’s impression on how he look like. Therefore, people can’t just conclude that all these miracle faces belongs to Jesus. It can also look like some middle east guy (no offence) or some other gods.

This may not be exact look of Jesus Christ, but according to Christian’s faith, they perceived it as a likeness image of Christ.

Anonymous

Personally, i don’t think Leonhart was wrong to post his question here. I mean, its a fact, there isn’t any known historical image records of Jesus.

Not meaning to offend, just standing in the 3rd person view on this, the description in the bible could entail to thousands of people with the same likeness in features, the possibilities are endless. You can use them for reference, but not as a fact.

API, unlike other forums, doesn’t practise blasting or flaming posters who just have different opinions on a subject.

I don’t think Leonhart was posting to start a religion war, he was just posting his own questions on the subject, so relax guys 😆

Anonymous

Ya I know that is why I changed my posting, sorry about that, cause I am afraid of this kind of problem.

• Author

Anonymous

An image of Jesus found on a hawthorn tree in West Sussex has been described as a miracle and a revelation.
                  Non-practising Hindu Sewdutt Maunick saw the markings on the trunk as he relaxed in his garden in Burgess Hill.

He told his wife he had seen the figure of a man, but when she looked she knew it was the face of Jesus.

The couple called in pastor Elaine Thomas who said it was a revelation from God. Mr Maunick says his family feels honoured to have witnessed it.

He said: “Something was actually urging me to come to this end of the garden because we never actually sit here.

“Suddenly I rushed to call my wife, Vijayantimala, and said ‘look, I have seen this figure of a man, come and look.

Father, son and holy toast – other miracle images

In pictures

“She came over and said she could see it, at which point she was very clear that it was Jesus.

“She was thrilled with emotion.”

The pair believe it was a miracle.

A leaflet from a church in Newhaven led the family to contact Ms Thomas who visited the garden.

“I think that often we are in the right place at the right time,” she said.

“It’s touched my heart and it’s done something for me.”

Mr and Mrs Maunick are now planning to talk about their revelation to the pastor’s congregation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4161112.stm

Anonymous

Shrouded in controversy
                    Wrapping for the body of Jesus Christ or medieval hoax? The Shroud of Turin, the world’s most famous miracle image, has confounded the experts for hundreds of years. The mystery deepened when the image of a second face on the cloth was revealed in 2004.

Wonder wall
                    To some it is just a shadow cast on the fence of a caravan park, to others it is the face of Jesus Christ. For the town of Port Germein, Australia, the nightly apparition – resulting from the combination of a street light, a wooden fence and a tree was a much needed tourist boost. In 2000 hundreds flocked to the town to view the image.

Chapati Jesus
                    Unleavened bread has long been associated with Jesus thanks to its role in the Holy Communion. But in 2002 thousands flocked to a church in Bangalore, India, when an image of Jesus was seen on a chapati. Rather than being eaten, the loaf was promptly mounted in a glass case for all to see.

These picture and information are also taken from the link above.

Anonymous

Anonymous

@squall_leonhart wrote:

This may not be exact look of Jesus Christ, but according to Christian’s faith, they perceived it as a likeness image of Christ.

Anonymous

Personally, i don’t think Leonhart was wrong to post his question here. I mean, its a fact, there isn’t any known historical image records of Jesus.

Not meaning to offend, just standing in the 3rd person view on this, the description in the bible could entail to thousands of people with the same likeness in features, the possibilities are endless. You can use them for reference, but not as a fact.

API, unlike other forums, doesn’t practise blasting or flaming posters who just have different opinions on a subject.

I don’t think Leonhart was posting to start a religion war, he was just posting his own questions on the subject, so relax guys 😆

Anonymous

Ya I know that is why I changed my posting, sorry about that, cause I am afraid of this kind of problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.