Ghosts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Note: If you ask me, this is just the general believe when people talk about ghosts. Not many people can really understand what ghosts are, but the believe of its characteristics is just so strong that everyone had the same misconception.

And so, the text below which I got from the newspaper is just for plain reading, not to be believed. Remember that the person who wrote this is just as ignorant about inhabitants of other realms just as much as she is ignorant about herself. (If she meditated correctly, no ghost would ask to enter her body for a ‘free trial’.)

Again, another word from me is that ghosts are just beings, like you and me. Don’t be afraid, don’t think that they are too special either. They are simply called “peta” in Pali, and there are many stories about Peta in the Buddhist texts. And seriously, NOTHING about being trapped because they didn’t know that they died. It’s just that they had already gone into another form of existence, and they had to serve according to their kammic conditions.

DON’T BE SUPERSTITIOUS!!!

The Star
      Focus
      Saturday April 22, 2006

Why ghosts are ghosts

TEOH PEI SZE talks to Barbara Sun and discovers the truth about all things ghostly. Sun is an American mystic and healer who currently resides in Arizona.

Are there really ghosts?

Yes.

How did you meet them?

I once took a class at the Monroe Institute in Virginia where they taught us how to “travel’’ to other realms.

For a week at a time, we would lie down with earphones on in a dark room. The sounds coming through the headset take you to different levels – like meditation, but going outside oneself, not within. It’s hard to explain, but there were different realms where one could go to, such as a healing centre, or a place where people who died were trapped and just floating around.

We listened to the tape, then came out and met with others who had done the same, and we discussed what we had heard and seen. When I went back to the Institute a second time, I took a “Lifelines� course to save people who were trapped between worlds.

What happened there?

In one experience, I found myself swimming on the ocean bottom and I saw a diver with his foot caught in a rock.

His name was Ken and he had drowned. He was stuck fast and quickly running out of air. His friend left to get help but Ken drowned while waiting for him to return.

His body was eventually extricated and given a funeral, but Ken was so caught up in his trauma that he did not realise he had died. He was still stuck at the ocean bottom, waiting for his friend to come back for him.

I talked to him and told him that he had died. At first he couldn’t accept it, but I told him to look up and see the white light, and that was where he was supposed to go.

(The white light is like a tunnel, a bright energy field that helps spirits find their way to be free and to meet friends and relatives on the other side.)

I told him not to be afraid, and with a guide, he eventually let go, went towards the light and was set free.

Would they otherwise be stuck in limbo forever if no-one comes to help them?

Most people who die suddenly do not realise that they have died, so they hang around like ghosts. It is only when a healer or someone comes to tell them they are dead, that they actually believe they are dead.

I would tell them to go to the light and that they will see someone they know (usually a relative), and to follow the light. Then they will be free.

I once lived with a shaman and we would go to haunted places like Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the battlefield of the American Civil War was fought. He would call on the spirits. When one would go to the light, many more would follow and be free.

When I go into haunted houses, I can feel the spirits. I do not know if they are stuck there forever. I just know that when one dies, there is no time, so they don’t know they have been hanging around forever.

Do ghosts actually possess people? How do we get rid of them?

They try to enter people’s bodies because they want to have the experience of life through the five senses.

Once, I was meditating at a sacred Native American site and in my meditation, I saw a being. He asked me if he could enter my body and experience what I experienced. I said yes, but that was really stupid of me. He was not nice and while he was in me, my whole personality changed.

“I� swore, got angry, and experienced many different changes in myself. I had to go to three powerful healers to finally rid myself of that being.

Sometimes, someone swimming alone in a pool feels someone trying to pull him down. Or, a driver sees a figure standing in the middle of the road and crashes while trying to avoid the person, but there is actually no-one there. Is it true that the ghost is trying to claim another life to take its place? And that this is common in ‘dirty’ areas?

If the ghost had died from drowning, it is very likely that the swimmer was experiencing the ghost’s own drowning. Since there is no time after death, the ghost is still stuck at the moment he died.

The same is true for areas where people see ghosts walking the road. These people who are dead do not realise it and the same experience of death just occurs over and over again for them until they are set free.

So, there are definitely areas that are “dirty�. The ghosts are not trying to cause accidents – they are just lost and keep recreating their death trauma.

If someone is driving and suddenly sees a ghost on the road, he may very well get into an accident from being terrified, but the ghost is not intentionally trying to kill him.

What about people who commit suicide?

Someone who commits suicide is called a lost soul for they are stuck in limbo in the outer realms. I found that many of them don’t want a guide’s help. They just float around as if in a daze.

Are all ghosts dead people, or are there other kinds of spirits, too, like pontianaks (vampires), orang bunian (gnomes) and forest spirits?

I am not familiar with vampires, but I’ve seen gnomes.

An Australian aborigine once visited me and I took him around Arizona. He was a powerful healer and he showed me many little spirits and gnomes in the forest.

I can still remember it like it was yesterday, for we were hiking and he said, “Did you see the gnome?� I said, “No.� Then he told me what to look for and, oh my gosh, I saw him near the tree, plain as day. I still see them in the forests when I focus on them, and they are beautiful!

What do they look like?

They are about two feet tall, with large, round heads.

The local guides say that forest spirits get upset when people bring pork into the forest. Why?

They probably don’t like it because pork is the lowest form of energy that anyone can eat.

Why are ghosts white and have no faces?

The white figure that you see is their astral or subtle body. I’ve seen many ghosts with faces. While I was out in the other realms and watching ghosts float around, most looked very sad and confused just floating around, with some having long, distorted white faces.

Cold spots, strange smells, streaks of light on photos and objects moving by themselves – how do ghosts do that?

It’s all energy. Ghosts move things with the power of thought.

The Chinese believe that once a year, ghosts get a break from Hell to visit the living. Westerners believe the same happens on Halloween. Any truth to this?

When you have such a large group of people believing in the same thing, then consciousness creates itself and the image of ghosts is perceived.

Some people leave food out for ghosts. Do ghosts eat?

I have never seen a ghost eat, but many people do this as a way to honour their dead ancestors.

If one is afraid of ghosts, what can they do to protect themselves?

Whenever I go into a hospital or cemetery, I immediately visualise a white bubble of light (positive energy) all around me. It’s like a protective ‘force field’ against negative energy.

Know that your mind is a powerful thing and if you live in fear, you will draw to you what you are most afraid of. If a ghost keeps appearing to you, just talk to them and show them the light, or have a healer remove them. Think positive thoughts and know that your mind creates all that you see. [/b]

• Author

Anonymous

Note: If you ask me, this is just the general believe when people talk about ghosts. Not many people can really understand what ghosts are, but the believe of its characteristics is just so strong that everyone had the same misconception.

And so, the text below which I got from the newspaper is just for plain reading, not to be believed. Remember that the person who wrote this is just as ignorant about inhabitants of other realms just as much as she is ignorant about herself. (If she meditated correctly, no ghost would ask to enter her body for a ‘free trial’.)

Again, another word from me is that ghosts are just beings, like you and me. Don’t be afraid, don’t think that they are too special either. They are simply called “peta” in Pali, and there are many stories about Peta in the Buddhist texts. And seriously, NOTHING about being trapped because they didn’t know that they died. It’s just that they had already gone into another form of existence, and they had to serve according to their kammic conditions.

DON’T BE SUPERSTITIOUS!!!

The Star
        Focus
        Saturday April 22, 2006

Why ghosts are ghosts

TEOH PEI SZE talks to Barbara Sun and discovers the truth about all things ghostly. Sun is an American mystic and healer who currently resides in Arizona.

Are there really ghosts?

Yes.

How did you meet them?

I once took a class at the Monroe Institute in Virginia where they taught us how to “travel’’ to other realms.

For a week at a time, we would lie down with earphones on in a dark room. The sounds coming through the headset take you to different levels – like meditation, but going outside oneself, not within. It’s hard to explain, but there were different realms where one could go to, such as a healing centre, or a place where people who died were trapped and just floating around.

We listened to the tape, then came out and met with others who had done the same, and we discussed what we had heard and seen. When I went back to the Institute a second time, I took a “Lifelines� course to save people who were trapped between worlds.

What happened there?

In one experience, I found myself swimming on the ocean bottom and I saw a diver with his foot caught in a rock.

His name was Ken and he had drowned. He was stuck fast and quickly running out of air. His friend left to get help but Ken drowned while waiting for him to return.

His body was eventually extricated and given a funeral, but Ken was so caught up in his trauma that he did not realise he had died. He was still stuck at the ocean bottom, waiting for his friend to come back for him.

I talked to him and told him that he had died. At first he couldn’t accept it, but I told him to look up and see the white light, and that was where he was supposed to go.

(The white light is like a tunnel, a bright energy field that helps spirits find their way to be free and to meet friends and relatives on the other side.)

I told him not to be afraid, and with a guide, he eventually let go, went towards the light and was set free.

Would they otherwise be stuck in limbo forever if no-one comes to help them?

Most people who die suddenly do not realise that they have died, so they hang around like ghosts. It is only when a healer or someone comes to tell them they are dead, that they actually believe they are dead.

I would tell them to go to the light and that they will see someone they know (usually a relative), and to follow the light. Then they will be free.

I once lived with a shaman and we would go to haunted places like Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the battlefield of the American Civil War was fought. He would call on the spirits. When one would go to the light, many more would follow and be free.

When I go into haunted houses, I can feel the spirits. I do not know if they are stuck there forever. I just know that when one dies, there is no time, so they don’t know they have been hanging around forever.

Do ghosts actually possess people? How do we get rid of them?

They try to enter people’s bodies because they want to have the experience of life through the five senses.

Once, I was meditating at a sacred Native American site and in my meditation, I saw a being. He asked me if he could enter my body and experience what I experienced. I said yes, but that was really stupid of me. He was not nice and while he was in me, my whole personality changed.

“I� swore, got angry, and experienced many different changes in myself. I had to go to three powerful healers to finally rid myself of that being.

Sometimes, someone swimming alone in a pool feels someone trying to pull him down. Or, a driver sees a figure standing in the middle of the road and crashes while trying to avoid the person, but there is actually no-one there. Is it true that the ghost is trying to claim another life to take its place? And that this is common in ‘dirty’ areas?

If the ghost had died from drowning, it is very likely that the swimmer was experiencing the ghost’s own drowning. Since there is no time after death, the ghost is still stuck at the moment he died.

The same is true for areas where people see ghosts walking the road. These people who are dead do not realise it and the same experience of death just occurs over and over again for them until they are set free.

So, there are definitely areas that are “dirty�. The ghosts are not trying to cause accidents – they are just lost and keep recreating their death trauma.

If someone is driving and suddenly sees a ghost on the road, he may very well get into an accident from being terrified, but the ghost is not intentionally trying to kill him.

What about people who commit suicide?

Someone who commits suicide is called a lost soul for they are stuck in limbo in the outer realms. I found that many of them don’t want a guide’s help. They just float around as if in a daze.

Are all ghosts dead people, or are there other kinds of spirits, too, like pontianaks (vampires), orang bunian (gnomes) and forest spirits?

I am not familiar with vampires, but I’ve seen gnomes.

An Australian aborigine once visited me and I took him around Arizona. He was a powerful healer and he showed me many little spirits and gnomes in the forest.

I can still remember it like it was yesterday, for we were hiking and he said, “Did you see the gnome?� I said, “No.� Then he told me what to look for and, oh my gosh, I saw him near the tree, plain as day. I still see them in the forests when I focus on them, and they are beautiful!

What do they look like?

They are about two feet tall, with large, round heads.

The local guides say that forest spirits get upset when people bring pork into the forest. Why?

They probably don’t like it because pork is the lowest form of energy that anyone can eat.

Why are ghosts white and have no faces?

The white figure that you see is their astral or subtle body. I’ve seen many ghosts with faces. While I was out in the other realms and watching ghosts float around, most looked very sad and confused just floating around, with some having long, distorted white faces.

Cold spots, strange smells, streaks of light on photos and objects moving by themselves – how do ghosts do that?

It’s all energy. Ghosts move things with the power of thought.

The Chinese believe that once a year, ghosts get a break from Hell to visit the living. Westerners believe the same happens on Halloween. Any truth to this?

When you have such a large group of people believing in the same thing, then consciousness creates itself and the image of ghosts is perceived.

Some people leave food out for ghosts. Do ghosts eat?

I have never seen a ghost eat, but many people do this as a way to honour their dead ancestors.

If one is afraid of ghosts, what can they do to protect themselves?

Whenever I go into a hospital or cemetery, I immediately visualise a white bubble of light (positive energy) all around me. It’s like a protective ‘force field’ against negative energy.

Know that your mind is a powerful thing and if you live in fear, you will draw to you what you are most afraid of. If a ghost keeps appearing to you, just talk to them and show them the light, or have a healer remove them. Think positive thoughts and know that your mind creates all that you see. [/b]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.