Keep Watching the Skies!

Home Page Forums API Singapore API A’X’IAN Files Keep Watching the Skies!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

9, I think it was a good article so I am going to post the entire story here.

Todayonline

Voices // Thursday, July 28, 2005

‘Cancer Man’ has yet to appear but S’pore has had its share of X-Files

Do UFOs exist? Kate Smith’s offbeat musings on the subject (“Was that a balloon?”, July 26) drew a number of interesting responses from readers …

Three close encounters with ‘unexplainables’

It IS difficult to make believers out of people nowadays.

We are living in a world of facts, explanations and sensible theories.

Things we cannot explain scientifically with mathematical formulas or the laws of physics, we tend to label as “myths” or “fiction”.

Take for example, ghosts and spirits.

Most religions and cultures have associations with such things, yet science struggles to come up with an explanation as to what they really are.

So, isn’t it possible that UFOs are also one of these “unexplainables”?

I’ve had three separate encounters with unexplainable sightings.

The first was at Marina South Park.

I was there at about 12.30am with a friend when suddenly I saw a “star” that was as bright as Venus moving in the sky.

As I was telling my friend about it, the “star” abruptly stopped in its path and started moving about in a random manner.

When I pointed it out to a nearby couple, they noticed it too.

We sat there looking up at the sky for an hour until we got tired and went home.

My second encounter was at Pulau Tekong when I was in the National Service, doing my night shooting.

The whole company of recruits was sitting in darkness when I looked up to admire the beautiful cloudless night sky.

Among the stars, I suddenly saw a bright round light moving very quickly.

The whole company saw it too and it was not a plane.

The third encounter was at Labrador Park. A group of us saw a bright light tailing a plane.

Shortly afterwards, the same light flew back in the opposite direction at an amazing speed not possible for an aircraft.

Silent ‘flying fish’ seen in Crawford Road area

Some years back, while on an early-morning walk, I saw a UFO streaking across the sky in the Crawford Road area.

It was like a huge fighting fish with bright turquoise and orange hues heading in the direction of the east coast.

It was cruising along noiselessly.

When I spoke about this to friends, they all thought I was joking. But it is true.

Even if UFOs don’t exist, I want to believe

I am a staunch believer in UFOs. I relish reading about Roswell, Area 51, UFO sightings, etc.

Even so, my enthusiasm is slowly eroding as the many “debunking” arguments sink in — of experimental balloons and the test flights of aircraft such as the Stealth fighter which, from the front, looks like a flying saucer.

And then there are those attention-seekers clamouring to get on the news for having “seen” a UFO.

Even as my belief dwindles, I still want to believe — you could call it blind faith. It would be nice to be a child again, when you hope and believe and something is real.

I even told my daughter that I may not see a UFO in my lifetime and that, after my death, if she does see one or their existence is proven beyond dispute, she must “tell” me.

She is to pass on that “duty” to her children and so forth.

Of course, when I see her gawking at me in disbelief, I don’t expect the chain to last.

But how are we to explain the haphazardly executed flight paths of objects travelling at impossible speeds?

The existence of extra-terrestrial life is highly probable as there are countless galaxies and surely at least one supports life.

Just because science cannot explain something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Letters from MAHATHIR ABDOLLA, KOH PENG LONG and LIEW BAU JI

• Author

Anonymous

9, I think it was a good article so I am going to post the entire story here.

Todayonline

Voices // Thursday, July 28, 2005

‘Cancer Man’ has yet to appear but S’pore has had its share of X-Files

Do UFOs exist? Kate Smith’s offbeat musings on the subject (“Was that a balloon?”, July 26) drew a number of interesting responses from readers …

Three close encounters with ‘unexplainables’

It IS difficult to make believers out of people nowadays.

We are living in a world of facts, explanations and sensible theories.

Things we cannot explain scientifically with mathematical formulas or the laws of physics, we tend to label as “myths” or “fiction”.

Take for example, ghosts and spirits.

Most religions and cultures have associations with such things, yet science struggles to come up with an explanation as to what they really are.

So, isn’t it possible that UFOs are also one of these “unexplainables”?

I’ve had three separate encounters with unexplainable sightings.

The first was at Marina South Park.

I was there at about 12.30am with a friend when suddenly I saw a “star” that was as bright as Venus moving in the sky.

As I was telling my friend about it, the “star” abruptly stopped in its path and started moving about in a random manner.

When I pointed it out to a nearby couple, they noticed it too.

We sat there looking up at the sky for an hour until we got tired and went home.

My second encounter was at Pulau Tekong when I was in the National Service, doing my night shooting.

The whole company of recruits was sitting in darkness when I looked up to admire the beautiful cloudless night sky.

Among the stars, I suddenly saw a bright round light moving very quickly.

The whole company saw it too and it was not a plane.

The third encounter was at Labrador Park. A group of us saw a bright light tailing a plane.

Shortly afterwards, the same light flew back in the opposite direction at an amazing speed not possible for an aircraft.

Silent ‘flying fish’ seen in Crawford Road area

Some years back, while on an early-morning walk, I saw a UFO streaking across the sky in the Crawford Road area.

It was like a huge fighting fish with bright turquoise and orange hues heading in the direction of the east coast.

It was cruising along noiselessly.

When I spoke about this to friends, they all thought I was joking. But it is true.

Even if UFOs don’t exist, I want to believe

I am a staunch believer in UFOs. I relish reading about Roswell, Area 51, UFO sightings, etc.

Even so, my enthusiasm is slowly eroding as the many “debunking” arguments sink in — of experimental balloons and the test flights of aircraft such as the Stealth fighter which, from the front, looks like a flying saucer.

And then there are those attention-seekers clamouring to get on the news for having “seen” a UFO.

Even as my belief dwindles, I still want to believe — you could call it blind faith. It would be nice to be a child again, when you hope and believe and something is real.

I even told my daughter that I may not see a UFO in my lifetime and that, after my death, if she does see one or their existence is proven beyond dispute, she must “tell” me.

She is to pass on that “duty” to her children and so forth.

Of course, when I see her gawking at me in disbelief, I don’t expect the chain to last.

But how are we to explain the haphazardly executed flight paths of objects travelling at impossible speeds?

The existence of extra-terrestrial life is highly probable as there are countless galaxies and surely at least one supports life.

Just because science cannot explain something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Letters from MAHATHIR ABDOLLA, KOH PENG LONG and LIEW BAU JI

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.