Mysterious Creature Spotted in the jungles of Johor

Home Page Forums API Asia Malaysian Bigfoot Special Mysterious Creature Spotted in the jungles of Johor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Johor’s Bigfoot – Remnants Of Pre-Historic Apes?
      By Mohd Haikal Mohd Isa

JOHOR BAHARU, Jan 4 (Bernama) — Could Bigfoot, believed to have been spotted in the jungles of Johor, actually be a pre-historic animal which had gone extinct over hundreds of thousand years ago?

Based on the Bigfoot-Giganto theory, researchers claimed that Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, Yeti or Mawas was probably a pre-historic giant ape which lived during the Middle of Pleistocene age.

The animal is believed to be living in several parts of Asia including China and Southeast Asia, as well as North America during ancient times before facing extinction from the earth some 200,000 to 500,000 years ago.

The question of whether Bigfoot was a pre-historic animal had long been discussed by researchers across the world but until now, they have failed to reach any definite answer to it.

This raised questions whether the Bigfoot sightings by several individuals, including Orang Asli villagers at the 248 million year old Endau-Rompin National Park, may be the remnants of the Gigantopithecus Blacki (or ‘Giant Ape’ in Latin) species.

At the same time, there were similar physical traits between Gigantopithecus and Bigfoot, which according to the Orang Asli folks, the giant animal, which was said to be 10 feet tall, with brown hairy body, was sighted in several jungle spots in Johor.

Before this, several animal species believed to have gone extinct, were later found to still exist. For example, the Coelacanth fish, known to have existed about 360 million years ago and believed to have gone into extinction, was caught by fishermen in 1938.

According to the US-based Bigfoot Field Research Organisation (BFRO), researchers on the animal generally accepted the Bigfoot-Giganto theory.

The BFRO which claims itself as the most credible Bigfoot research organisation on its website, said the issue of Gigantopithecus had caught the interest of many anthropologists and primatologists.

Johor National Park Corporation (JNPC) Director Hashim Yusof when asked by Bernama on the link between Bigfoot and Gigantopithecus, said that the possibility is there, given the park’s huge space and age.

“The Endau-Rompin National Park covers 48,906 hectares or 800 sq. km and aged 248 million years. We only have information on half of the flora and fauna inside it,” he said. Recently JNPC organised a one-day expedition at Endau-Rompin to trek Bigfoot but failed to find any traces such as its footprints.

Hashim said, his party would organise another expedition to track down Bigfoot at the Endau Rompin National Park probably next month, where they will stay for a week inside the forest.

Meanwhile, another Johorian environmentalist Vincent Chow said the Bigfoot-Giganto theory that Bigfoot could be the remnants of the Gigantopithecus Blacki species might be the most accurate.

He said the theory had its grounds as it was based on experts’ findings such as those in anthropology and other related fields.

Chow, an adviser of an environmental association in the state, said that the Endau-Rompin National Park’s age matched that of the era of the giant ape Gigantopithecus which existed in the face of the earth.

At the same time, the virgin forest of the National Park makes it conducive for the giant animal’s habitat.

“Bigfoot should be protected and regarded as the state’s heritage,” he said.

Source : HERE

Anonymous

Is the photo genuine? No offence just that many of the ‘bigfoot’ tales all over the world have been proven to be nothing but a hoax… 😕

Anonymous

The photo here is just something i got from the net, becos the news article didn’t come with any pictures. No offence taken, don’t worry. 😀

Anonymous

Oh I see. For a moment I thought it was real, hehe. Anyways for a Bigfoot to appear in Malaysian forests, it won’t be long if we see one on our shores, maybe in MacRitchie? I mean seriously, who knows. But honestly with all the supernatural richness in Malaysia, I would not be surprised if it were some ‘hantu raya’ supposedly to look like a big ape of somesort.. 😕

Anonymous

Sightings of primate ape I guess is always a crowd puller. As I understand it, JB has been trying to woo visitors to itself, as reported in Straits Times here: http://www.straitstimes.com/sub/asia/story/0,5562,362844,00.html?

“Johor plans to woo back Singaporeans

JOHOR BARU – A HIGH-LEVEL Johor delegation will be in Singapore next week to woo Singaporeans back after tourist arrivals fell by a million over concerns about crime in the state.

The group, comprising heads of state security agencies and tourism-related organisations, plans to assure Singaporeans that Johor is safe for tourists.

Visitor arrivals from Singapore dropped by 14 per cent, causing Johor an estimated revenue loss of RM225 million (S$99 million)…..”

and here: http://www.straitstimes.com/sub/singapore/story/0,5562,363966,00.html?

“VIOLENT crime against Singaporeans in Johor Baru has actually fallen, and many recent reports of attacks exaggerate the situation, a senior Johor state official said yesterday.

‘The perception made by newspapers about crimes in Johor, about how dangerous it is…it’s all wrong, because we are doing our very best to safeguard not only tourists but also locals,’ said Superintendent Abdul Manaf Abdul Razak, head of serious crime in the Johor Criminal Investigation Department.

Last year, 18 Singaporeans fell victim to snatch thieves, compared to more than 20 in 2004.

About 150 motorcycles and more than 70 cars from Singapore were stolen last year, down from about 180 motorcycles and 100 cars in 2004, said Supt Abdul Manaf.

He was in Singapore with a delegation of state security agencies and tourism-related organisations to meet travel agents here to encourage Singaporeans to visit Johor.

The number of visitors from Singapore dropped by more than one million in the first 10 months of last year from 2004, over concerns about crime.

Some 7.06 million Singaporeans visited in the first 10 months of last year, compared to 8.29 million in the same period in 2004, a drop of 14.8 per cent.

Reports of crimes against Singaporeans are ‘exaggerated’, said Supt Abdul Manaf, who stressed that there are good relations between the Johor and Singapore police.

He said Johor has increased police patrols in areas frequented by tourists, and installed a RM1.5 million (S$650,000) closed-circuit television monitoring system in the city centre and the southern Johor waterfront development, Danga Bay.

Fifty representatives from Johor’s tourism industry, including travel agents and hotel operators, accompanied the delegation to promote their products to about 100 Singapore travel agents.

Mr Freddy Long, chairman of Johor’s tourism and environment committee, said travel agents have a part to play in addressing the state’s image.

But Mr Robert Khoo, chief executive of the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore, said as travel agents here rarely organise tour packages to Johor, they can only remind customers verbally that Johor is safe.

Johor tourism officials should address the Singapore public’s perception directly through campaigns, he said.

‘Singaporeans don’t need travel agents to go to Johor.’ “

Thus any news that can bring in the crowd, will be lapped up eargerly.

Still we are talking large tract of forested areas, any group undertaking this venture will be exposed to great possibility of danger of staying many nites in the forest, and the accompanying hazards. Something I will not exposed any of my members to.

But I do applaud the enthusiam of those that are going. But the dangers are real, and the Committee must and will be held responsible and accountable for their own actions, including the safety & health of those that went with them.

Anonymous

My feeling is that Endau Rompin is probably one of those reserves thats probably abuzz with supernatural activity so i highly doubt the Bigfoot’s existence. But of course this is my own opinion, i guess there are people more experinced than me in this field. But still, it’ll be a hunt of nothing if the Bigfoot ceases to even show itself now with the big ‘hoohaa’ and with all these people trying to ‘capture a glimpse’, it might just dissappear altogether :mrgreen:

Anonymous

Still.. it would be interesting to poay the forest a visit.

But I am not going to think so far as to ‘capture’ 1 of them in sight…

It will takes alot of monitoring equipment, months of stake out before even yielding any results.

I do not think any of our equipment would be useful. The jungle is full of living and moving things.. the night vision or infra-red video camera has a very limited distance of less then 6 metres before everything appears dark. So how to deploy and where? It will be a worse than a needle in a haystack!

Thus it would be just a educational trip that most probably API will embark on. Go in the morning, then dinner somewhere, and homebound by night.

Let me talk with Myghost (our Malaysian born member) to see if he can be our guide.

Intersting this news in malaysia: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/1/8/nation/13059008&sec=nation

‘Bigfoot’ could lure tourists to Johor

MUAR: Like the mysterious Loch Ness monster which attracted people to a lake in Scotland, Johor should also exploit tales of a Bigfoot-like creature.

Health Minister Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek, former Johor Tourism Committee chairman, said the tales of the creature could draw tourists to the state.

Such mysterious tales could create interest among the locals and foreigners, he said, adding that thousands visited the Loch Ness hoping to see the monster.

“Such stories can really create interest and there are many who like to look for such a creature,� he said at the Muar MCA annual dinner on Friday.

Anonymous

I am pleased to say that API has debunked this Bigfoot mystery.

Visit our website http://www.api.sg and click on the Bigfoot link.

Anonymous

NOne….

To date wqe haven’t got a fix on that creature yet… so we can’t even say anything about the footprint yet..

Anonymous

me says, if it is possible to get a doggy to go along, that may help. bekoz doggy will have good smelling sense to track if there is anything. seems like the whatever creature it is maybe not as hygienic, maybe won’t take bath until it is too smelly for comfort, so doggy will be able to hunt him down. maybe let doggy smell on the existing footprint (if still can be found) and we will know whether the culprit who decided to make his mark on the muddy earth is from hollywood, or from forestwood. but of course, if get doggy who is scared, then cannot work lar… 😆

Anonymous

@abductboy wrote:

Still.. it would be interesting to pay the forest a visit.

It will takes alot of monitoring equipment, months of stake out before even yielding any results.

I do not think any of our equipment would be useful. The jungle is full of living and moving things.. the night vision or infra-red video camera has a very limited distance of less then 6 metres before everything appears dark. So how to deploy and where? It will be a worse than a needle in a haystack!

Thus it would be just a educational trip that most probably API will embark on. Go in the morning, then dinner somewhere, and homebound by night.

Quite right. It would be more of an educational trip, and of course, letting our people have a field trip and learning how to handle equipments and a sense of teamwork.

• Author

Anonymous

Johor’s Bigfoot – Remnants Of Pre-Historic Apes?
                            By Mohd Haikal Mohd Isa

JOHOR BAHARU, Jan 4 (Bernama) — Could Bigfoot, believed to have been spotted in the jungles of Johor, actually be a pre-historic animal which had gone extinct over hundreds of thousand years ago?

Based on the Bigfoot-Giganto theory, researchers claimed that Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, Yeti or Mawas was probably a pre-historic giant ape which lived during the Middle of Pleistocene age.

The animal is believed to be living in several parts of Asia including China and Southeast Asia, as well as North America during ancient times before facing extinction from the earth some 200,000 to 500,000 years ago.

The question of whether Bigfoot was a pre-historic animal had long been discussed by researchers across the world but until now, they have failed to reach any definite answer to it.

This raised questions whether the Bigfoot sightings by several individuals, including Orang Asli villagers at the 248 million year old Endau-Rompin National Park, may be the remnants of the Gigantopithecus Blacki (or ‘Giant Ape’ in Latin) species.

At the same time, there were similar physical traits between Gigantopithecus and Bigfoot, which according to the Orang Asli folks, the giant animal, which was said to be 10 feet tall, with brown hairy body, was sighted in several jungle spots in Johor.

Before this, several animal species believed to have gone extinct, were later found to still exist. For example, the Coelacanth fish, known to have existed about 360 million years ago and believed to have gone into extinction, was caught by fishermen in 1938.

According to the US-based Bigfoot Field Research Organisation (BFRO), researchers on the animal generally accepted the Bigfoot-Giganto theory.

The BFRO which claims itself as the most credible Bigfoot research organisation on its website, said the issue of Gigantopithecus had caught the interest of many anthropologists and primatologists.

Johor National Park Corporation (JNPC) Director Hashim Yusof when asked by Bernama on the link between Bigfoot and Gigantopithecus, said that the possibility is there, given the park’s huge space and age.

“The Endau-Rompin National Park covers 48,906 hectares or 800 sq. km and aged 248 million years. We only have information on half of the flora and fauna inside it,” he said. Recently JNPC organised a one-day expedition at Endau-Rompin to trek Bigfoot but failed to find any traces such as its footprints.

Hashim said, his party would organise another expedition to track down Bigfoot at the Endau Rompin National Park probably next month, where they will stay for a week inside the forest.

Meanwhile, another Johorian environmentalist Vincent Chow said the Bigfoot-Giganto theory that Bigfoot could be the remnants of the Gigantopithecus Blacki species might be the most accurate.

He said the theory had its grounds as it was based on experts’ findings such as those in anthropology and other related fields.

Chow, an adviser of an environmental association in the state, said that the Endau-Rompin National Park’s age matched that of the era of the giant ape Gigantopithecus which existed in the face of the earth.

At the same time, the virgin forest of the National Park makes it conducive for the giant animal’s habitat.

“Bigfoot should be protected and regarded as the state’s heritage,” he said.

Source : HERE

Anonymous

Is the photo genuine? No offence just that many of the ‘bigfoot’ tales all over the world have been proven to be nothing but a hoax… 😕

Anonymous

The photo here is just something i got from the net, becos the news article didn’t come with any pictures. No offence taken, don’t worry. 😀

Anonymous

Oh I see. For a moment I thought it was real, hehe. Anyways for a Bigfoot to appear in Malaysian forests, it won’t be long if we see one on our shores, maybe in MacRitchie? I mean seriously, who knows. But honestly with all the supernatural richness in Malaysia, I would not be surprised if it were some ‘hantu raya’ supposedly to look like a big ape of somesort.. 😕

Anonymous

Sightings of primate ape I guess is always a crowd puller. As I understand it, JB has been trying to woo visitors to itself, as reported in Straits Times here: http://www.straitstimes.com/sub/asia/story/0,5562,362844,00.html?

“Johor plans to woo back Singaporeans

JOHOR BARU – A HIGH-LEVEL Johor delegation will be in Singapore next week to woo Singaporeans back after tourist arrivals fell by a million over concerns about crime in the state.

The group, comprising heads of state security agencies and tourism-related organisations, plans to assure Singaporeans that Johor is safe for tourists.

Visitor arrivals from Singapore dropped by 14 per cent, causing Johor an estimated revenue loss of RM225 million (S$99 million)…..”

and here: http://www.straitstimes.com/sub/singapore/story/0,5562,363966,00.html?

“VIOLENT crime against Singaporeans in Johor Baru has actually fallen, and many recent reports of attacks exaggerate the situation, a senior Johor state official said yesterday.

‘The perception made by newspapers about crimes in Johor, about how dangerous it is…it’s all wrong, because we are doing our very best to safeguard not only tourists but also locals,’ said Superintendent Abdul Manaf Abdul Razak, head of serious crime in the Johor Criminal Investigation Department.

Last year, 18 Singaporeans fell victim to snatch thieves, compared to more than 20 in 2004.

About 150 motorcycles and more than 70 cars from Singapore were stolen last year, down from about 180 motorcycles and 100 cars in 2004, said Supt Abdul Manaf.

He was in Singapore with a delegation of state security agencies and tourism-related organisations to meet travel agents here to encourage Singaporeans to visit Johor.

The number of visitors from Singapore dropped by more than one million in the first 10 months of last year from 2004, over concerns about crime.

Some 7.06 million Singaporeans visited in the first 10 months of last year, compared to 8.29 million in the same period in 2004, a drop of 14.8 per cent.

Reports of crimes against Singaporeans are ‘exaggerated’, said Supt Abdul Manaf, who stressed that there are good relations between the Johor and Singapore police.

He said Johor has increased police patrols in areas frequented by tourists, and installed a RM1.5 million (S$650,000) closed-circuit television monitoring system in the city centre and the southern Johor waterfront development, Danga Bay.

Fifty representatives from Johor’s tourism industry, including travel agents and hotel operators, accompanied the delegation to promote their products to about 100 Singapore travel agents.

Mr Freddy Long, chairman of Johor’s tourism and environment committee, said travel agents have a part to play in addressing the state’s image.

But Mr Robert Khoo, chief executive of the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore, said as travel agents here rarely organise tour packages to Johor, they can only remind customers verbally that Johor is safe.

Johor tourism officials should address the Singapore public’s perception directly through campaigns, he said.

‘Singaporeans don’t need travel agents to go to Johor.’ “

Thus any news that can bring in the crowd, will be lapped up eargerly.

Still we are talking large tract of forested areas, any group undertaking this venture will be exposed to great possibility of danger of staying many nites in the forest, and the accompanying hazards. Something I will not exposed any of my members to.

But I do applaud the enthusiam of those that are going. But the dangers are real, and the Committee must and will be held responsible and accountable for their own actions, including the safety & health of those that went with them.

Anonymous

My feeling is that Endau Rompin is probably one of those reserves thats probably abuzz with supernatural activity so i highly doubt the Bigfoot’s existence. But of course this is my own opinion, i guess there are people more experinced than me in this field. But still, it’ll be a hunt of nothing if the Bigfoot ceases to even show itself now with the big ‘hoohaa’ and with all these people trying to ‘capture a glimpse’, it might just dissappear altogether :mrgreen:

Anonymous

Still.. it would be interesting to poay the forest a visit.

Let me talk with Myghost (our Malaysian born member) to see if he can be our guide.

Intersting this news in malaysia: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/1/8/nation/13059008&sec=nation

‘Bigfoot’ could lure tourists to Johor

MUAR: Like the mysterious Loch Ness monster which attracted people to a lake in Scotland, Johor should also exploit tales of a Bigfoot-like creature.

Health Minister Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek, former Johor Tourism Committee chairman, said the tales of the creature could draw tourists to the state.

Such mysterious tales could create interest among the locals and foreigners, he said, adding that thousands visited the Loch Ness hoping to see the monster.

“Such stories can really create interest and there are many who like to look for such a creature,� he said at the Muar MCA annual dinner on Friday.

Anonymous

I am pleased to say that API has debunked this Bigfoot mystery.

Visit our website http://www.api.sg and click on the Bigfoot link.

Anonymous

NOne….

To date wqe haven’t got a fix on that creature yet… so we can’t even say anything about the footprint yet..

Anonymous

me says, if it is possible to get a doggy to go along, that may help. bekoz doggy will have good smelling sense to track if there is anything. seems like the whatever creature it is maybe not as hygienic, maybe won’t take bath until it is too smelly for comfort, so doggy will be able to hunt him down. maybe let doggy smell on the existing footprint (if still can be found) and we will know whether the culprit who decided to make his mark on the muddy earth is from hollywood, or from forestwood. but of course, if get doggy who is scared, then cannot work lar… 😆

Anonymous

@abductboy wrote:

Still.. it would be interesting to pay the forest a visit.

Quite right. It would be more of an educational trip, and of course, letting our people have a field trip and learning how to handle equipments and a sense of teamwork.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.