Sometimes, You may have a problem and you don’t know it

Home Page Forums API Global Cultural Beliefs, Legends, Folklore & Mythology Sometimes, You may have a problem and you don’t know it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Seeing things, hearing voices, being able to predict future.. and feeling you are special….

Is there anything wrong with that?

Some times yes… believing too much in 1 thing, can led to serious mental illness even the person who has it, knows about.

How does one knows he/she really has a gift, or really is sick?

This is something worth exploring…

Meantime, read this tragic story of a ‘belief’ went wrong..

He snaps & stabs
      ‘Devoted dad kills daughter, 8, to save the world’
      March 31, 2006
      The New Paper

THE little girl was stabbed in the neck, choked and had her head stuck in the toilet.

As horrific as it sounds, Sunday school teacher Neil Lofquist told the authorities that by allegedly killing his 8-year-old daughter, he had actually done the world a favour.

When emergency workers came to tend to his daughter Lauren, he apparently told them that she was the devil, and that the world will end if he did not kill her.

Friends and family said that they were shocked that Lofquist, who was a devoted father with no history of mental problems, could have done such a thing.

He has been charged with first-degree murder.

According to the police, the crime happened on Sunday, which started out as a typical weekend for Lofquist, his wife Lisa, and their two children.

The family played ball in the backyard and tried to teach their 6-year-old son, Lars, how to ride a bicycle. They also played cards.

The police said Lofquist, 40, later put Lauren and Lars to bed while his wife remained downstairs.

Some time later, Lars, who couldn’t sleep, went downstairs to join his mother while she watched television.

Lofquist stayed upstairs with Lauren.

‘EVIL WAS NEAR’

Then at about 8pm, the attack began.

He is accused of choking her for about 10 minutes, then shoving her head in a toilet for another 10 minutes.

He also stabbed her once in the neck with a knife, reported the Arlington Heights Daily News.

He later told the police that he realised evil was near during their card game earlier that evening,and that he had to kill her so that mankind could continue for another two years.

Mrs Dorothy Lofquist, his mother, told The Chicago Tribune: ‘This is just beyond my scope to think that he could do this. I just don’t know what to think.’

Anonymous

Many people with mental problems may not seem so physically. They may look just as fine as your neighbour who wishes you good morning each day when you go out jogging, or as friendly as the uncle selling char koay teow at your nearby hawker stall.

Depression, for example, is not due to psychological insanity as what we believed for centuries. Depression is due to a lack of certain vitamins and minerals in the body, which causes the reaction of such a condition.

There are many with psychological problems but does not admit it, or does not even realise it. See, for example, one man living in the same floor of my apartment back in Penang.

He looked normal. Just like any man in the block.

However, each morning when I got out and set myself ready for work, he will walk out of his apartment, which is about 10 apartments away from me, wearing a red, glaring underwear and stare at me.

When i showed on reaction, his actions got bolder. He even tried to flash at my mom.

I told mom about it, and mom took notice of it too. One day, I took my handphone camera and attempt to take a video of him in his act to post it on the management notice board. He quickly ran back into his house.

When he went on to try flashing to my mom, my mom walked straight towards his direction. When he saw mom getting near, he quickly ran back into the house. But mom stood at his door, staring at him angrily.

He dare not flash at either of us anymore.

Is he normal? He does look normal to everyone. Yet, his behavior showed a deep-set mental imbalance that needs treatment.

There is nothing written on the face to show a person of mental derangement, not until they really go to the extend of being unable to control their facial expressions or their actions, and you usually see those locked in a room that looks like bread on all four walls, and their hands tied behind their back with that jacket that will put David Copperfield to shame.

• Author

Anonymous

Seeing things, hearing voices, being able to predict future.. and feeling you are special….

Is there anything wrong with that?

Some times yes… believing too much in 1 thing, can led to serious mental illness even the person who has it, knows about.

How does one knows he/she really has a gift, or really is sick?

This is something worth exploring…

Meantime, read this tragic story of a ‘belief’ went wrong..

He snaps & stabs
          ‘Devoted dad kills daughter, 8, to save the world’
          March 31, 2006
          The New Paper

THE little girl was stabbed in the neck, choked and had her head stuck in the toilet.

As horrific as it sounds, Sunday school teacher Neil Lofquist told the authorities that by allegedly killing his 8-year-old daughter, he had actually done the world a favour.

When emergency workers came to tend to his daughter Lauren, he apparently told them that she was the devil, and that the world will end if he did not kill her.

Friends and family said that they were shocked that Lofquist, who was a devoted father with no history of mental problems, could have done such a thing.

He has been charged with first-degree murder.

According to the police, the crime happened on Sunday, which started out as a typical weekend for Lofquist, his wife Lisa, and their two children.

The family played ball in the backyard and tried to teach their 6-year-old son, Lars, how to ride a bicycle. They also played cards.

The police said Lofquist, 40, later put Lauren and Lars to bed while his wife remained downstairs.

Some time later, Lars, who couldn’t sleep, went downstairs to join his mother while she watched television.

Lofquist stayed upstairs with Lauren.

‘EVIL WAS NEAR’

Then at about 8pm, the attack began.

He is accused of choking her for about 10 minutes, then shoving her head in a toilet for another 10 minutes.

He also stabbed her once in the neck with a knife, reported the Arlington Heights Daily News.

He later told the police that he realised evil was near during their card game earlier that evening,and that he had to kill her so that mankind could continue for another two years.

Mrs Dorothy Lofquist, his mother, told The Chicago Tribune: ‘This is just beyond my scope to think that he could do this. I just don’t know what to think.’

Anonymous

Many people with mental problems may not seem so physically. They may look just as fine as your neighbour who wishes you good morning each day when you go out jogging, or as friendly as the uncle selling char koay teow at your nearby hawker stall.

Depression, for example, is not due to psychological insanity as what we believed for centuries. Depression is due to a lack of certain vitamins and minerals in the body, which causes the reaction of such a condition.

There are many with psychological problems but does not admit it, or does not even realise it. See, for example, one man living in the same floor of my apartment back in Penang.

He looked normal. Just like any man in the block.

However, each morning when I got out and set myself ready for work, he will walk out of his apartment, which is about 10 apartments away from me, wearing a red, glaring underwear and stare at me.

When i showed on reaction, his actions got bolder. He even tried to flash at my mom.

I told mom about it, and mom took notice of it too. One day, I took my handphone camera and attempt to take a video of him in his act to post it on the management notice board. He quickly ran back into his house.

When he went on to try flashing to my mom, my mom walked straight towards his direction. When he saw mom getting near, he quickly ran back into the house. But mom stood at his door, staring at him angrily.

He dare not flash at either of us anymore.

Is he normal? He does look normal to everyone. Yet, his behavior showed a deep-set mental imbalance that needs treatment.

There is nothing written on the face to show a person of mental derangement, not until they really go to the extend of being unable to control their facial expressions or their actions, and you usually see those locked in a room that looks like bread on all four walls, and their hands tied behind their back with that jacket that will put David Copperfield to shame.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.