The ghost a rumour created

Home Page Forums API Clubhouse Anything Under the Sun… The ghost a rumour created

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

THERE’S a ghost near the lift, JM told his 7-year-old son. ‘I saw him myself the other day. Very frightening!’

‘I don’t believe,’ the boy said. ‘If you saw him, then I’m sure he saw you, and why didn’t he suck your blood?’

‘Because he’s looking only for 7-year-old boys, especially the naughty ones who play near the stairs when their parents tell them not to.’

‘I don’t believe. Ghosts only come out at night.’

‘This one comes out only in the day because he knows little boys don’t come out at night. He even asked me about you but I pretended I never heard of you. Luckily, he cannot walk more than 13 steps away from the lift so as long as you stay away from there, you’ll be OK.’

The boy’s face turned white. When he had to enter the lift the next day, he held on tight to his mother’s hand. When she saw the look on his face, she said: ‘Have you seen a ghost or something?’

He answered with a blood-curdling scream that could be heard across two blocks.

The next morning, his mother rang the family doctor to report that her son had developed a sudden fever. She didn’t think her doctor’s expertise applied in this ‘special case’. She whispered (in case the ghost was listening) that something ‘unclean’ in the lift had disturbed her boy.

‘Mrs JM,’ said the doctor. ‘Those things disappeared long ago. Today’s ghosts don’t know how to operate lifts. Bring your son over. And have a word with your husband about this.’

‘No point. JM doesn’t believe all these things,’ she said, and hung up.

One day, about a week later, when JM stepped out of the lift, he found his neighbour’s aged father sprinkling some water in front of it.

‘Somebody could slip on that wet spot and hurt himself,’ he thought. So he said: ‘Uncle, you better be careful.’

‘Oh, so you heard about it too, didn’t you?’ the man replied. ‘Somebody said he jumped off the building that’s why his head is bloody.’

JM thought: ‘Who let this lunatic out of the asylum?’

Then, over the next couple of weeks, things started to get really busy outside that lift.

JM found one old lady stacking a few cut limes, flowers, and incense by the side of the lift door. Some nutcase stuck a colourful religious icon next to the button on Monday which some other nut removed on Tuesday.

JM saw some cheeky teenagers trying to push their screaming girlfriends into it. One joker rode up and down the lift one night howling like a wolf until the NPC cops took him away.

At work, JM’s colleague told him about how people had discovered a ghost living in a lift in a block somewhere.

‘A lot of people have seen this ghost, including my own cousin,’ he said. ‘People in the block said the ghost is harmless, and that they have seen him there for over five years.’

JM had no idea that this ghost was a descendent of the one he had created. Until a couple of NPC officers knocked on his door to make routine enquiries about the goings-on around his landing.

He swallowed nervously before he said: ‘Well yes, it’s a bit of a nuisance to see people coming and going, but as for the ghost, I’m not worried. It’s probably just a rumour started by some…some… silly idiot.’

http://newpaper.asiaone.com.sg/columnists/story/0,4136,68191,00.html

This article is years ago, so I put it here for members to view and discuss. 😉

Anonymous

Tho in some cases urban legends are created this way, I see it as just another way to dismiss something scientists can’t really explain.

Anonymous

@Fatzombie wrote:

Tho in some cases stories can be created this way, I see it as just another way to dismiss something scientists can’t really explain.

haha… don know if i said before. I am sure many people heard of the nicoll highway story? Same thing i guess.

If not, I say again since i so free today… haha

In the past when Nicoll Highway was built. Everytime it’s near completion, it collapse to ruins (scientifically because nicoll highway is built on a water source, not solid gound, and the currents are always strong so.. figure the logic yourself haha). So the construction in charge consulted a medium who then said there is a devil or demon under the ground you are building on. To satisfy it, you needa sacriface children’s head to appease the demon. ( some story books want suspense and go on to add wadever crap they can imagine of). So at that time, a lot of children go missing and it is presumed they were kidnapped, beheaded and sacriface to the demon. So finally, the bridge is completed cause the devil is appeased.

Well, well, I guess it is interesting by yup, for elderlys who live that time, they can prove that this is just a rumour. I got a friend and also my dad told me this is just a rumour to scare little kids away.

Why?

Cause I just stated on top the architectural structure is built on water, not solid ground, of course, it has reasons to collapse.

So why is this rumour started?

Cause at that time, there’s a lot of real kidnapping of kids and selling them as slaves. Also kids play around that area and end up drowning in the currents. So? this rumour is created to scare little kids away.

Now that recently the bridge collapse again, this rumour comes back again haha,

Classic example of rumour turning to superstitiions

Anonymous

Hmmm… but i also heard about black magic practise regarding building of bridge, and it came from other sources, not nicoll highway.

Well, thanks for reminding, haha now got another topic to do research on, bwahahahaha 😆

Anonymous

the bukit batok one also rumours….

but the sightings i heard is not about that particular unit, it was some other unit…..the pochong wasnt in the house, it was outside hoping upwards from one unit’s window to another. Then it disappeared.

Everything in the news about that particular disturbed unit with family of pochongs inside is untrue. The poor family keep getting disturbed. Sigh

• Author

Anonymous

THERE’S a ghost near the lift, JM told his 7-year-old son. ‘I saw him myself the other day. Very frightening!’

‘I don’t believe,’ the boy said. ‘If you saw him, then I’m sure he saw you, and why didn’t he suck your blood?’

‘Because he’s looking only for 7-year-old boys, especially the naughty ones who play near the stairs when their parents tell them not to.’

‘I don’t believe. Ghosts only come out at night.’

‘This one comes out only in the day because he knows little boys don’t come out at night. He even asked me about you but I pretended I never heard of you. Luckily, he cannot walk more than 13 steps away from the lift so as long as you stay away from there, you’ll be OK.’

The boy’s face turned white. When he had to enter the lift the next day, he held on tight to his mother’s hand. When she saw the look on his face, she said: ‘Have you seen a ghost or something?’

He answered with a blood-curdling scream that could be heard across two blocks.

The next morning, his mother rang the family doctor to report that her son had developed a sudden fever. She didn’t think her doctor’s expertise applied in this ‘special case’. She whispered (in case the ghost was listening) that something ‘unclean’ in the lift had disturbed her boy.

‘Mrs JM,’ said the doctor. ‘Those things disappeared long ago. Today’s ghosts don’t know how to operate lifts. Bring your son over. And have a word with your husband about this.’

‘No point. JM doesn’t believe all these things,’ she said, and hung up.

One day, about a week later, when JM stepped out of the lift, he found his neighbour’s aged father sprinkling some water in front of it.

‘Somebody could slip on that wet spot and hurt himself,’ he thought. So he said: ‘Uncle, you better be careful.’

‘Oh, so you heard about it too, didn’t you?’ the man replied. ‘Somebody said he jumped off the building that’s why his head is bloody.’

JM thought: ‘Who let this lunatic out of the asylum?’

Then, over the next couple of weeks, things started to get really busy outside that lift.

JM found one old lady stacking a few cut limes, flowers, and incense by the side of the lift door. Some nutcase stuck a colourful religious icon next to the button on Monday which some other nut removed on Tuesday.

JM saw some cheeky teenagers trying to push their screaming girlfriends into it. One joker rode up and down the lift one night howling like a wolf until the NPC cops took him away.

At work, JM’s colleague told him about how people had discovered a ghost living in a lift in a block somewhere.

‘A lot of people have seen this ghost, including my own cousin,’ he said. ‘People in the block said the ghost is harmless, and that they have seen him there for over five years.’

JM had no idea that this ghost was a descendent of the one he had created. Until a couple of NPC officers knocked on his door to make routine enquiries about the goings-on around his landing.

He swallowed nervously before he said: ‘Well yes, it’s a bit of a nuisance to see people coming and going, but as for the ghost, I’m not worried. It’s probably just a rumour started by some…some… silly idiot.’

http://newpaper.asiaone.com.sg/columnists/story/0,4136,68191,00.html

This article is years ago, so I put it here for members to view and discuss. 😉

Anonymous

Tho in some cases urban legends are created this way, I see it as just another way to dismiss something scientists can’t really explain.

Anonymous

@Fatzombie wrote:

Tho in some cases stories can be created this way, I see it as just another way to dismiss something scientists can’t really explain.

haha… don know if i said before. I am sure many people heard of the nicoll highway story? Same thing i guess.

If not, I say again since i so free today… haha

In the past when Nicoll Highway was built. Everytime it’s near completion, it collapse to ruins (scientifically because nicoll highway is built on a water source, not solid gound, and the currents are always strong so.. figure the logic yourself haha). So the construction in charge consulted a medium who then said there is a devil or demon under the ground you are building on. To satisfy it, you needa sacriface children’s head to appease the demon. ( some story books want suspense and go on to add wadever crap they can imagine of). So at that time, a lot of children go missing and it is presumed they were kidnapped, beheaded and sacriface to the demon. So finally, the bridge is completed cause the devil is appeased.

Well, well, I guess it is interesting by yup, for elderlys who live that time, they can prove that this is just a rumour. I got a friend and also my dad told me this is just a rumour to scare little kids away.

Why?

Cause I just stated on top the architectural structure is built on water, not solid ground, of course, it has reasons to collapse.

So why is this rumour started?

Cause at that time, there’s a lot of real kidnapping of kids and selling them as slaves. Also kids play around that area and end up drowning in the currents. So? this rumour is created to scare little kids away.

Now that recently the bridge collapse again, this rumour comes back again haha,

Classic example of rumour turning to superstitiions

Anonymous

Hmmm… but i also heard about black magic practise regarding building of bridge, and it came from other sources, not nicoll highway.

Well, thanks for reminding, haha now got another topic to do research on, bwahahahaha 😆

Anonymous

the bukit batok one also rumours….

but the sightings i heard is not about that particular unit, it was some other unit…..the pochong wasnt in the house, it was outside hoping upwards from one unit’s window to another. Then it disappeared.

Everything in the news about that particular disturbed unit with family of pochongs inside is untrue. The poor family keep getting disturbed. Sigh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.