The Lost statue ….. a 25 years old homecoming…

Home Page Forums API Singapore API A’X’IAN Files The Lost statue ….. a 25 years old homecoming…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

In many of API Spooky tours, I often bring them to the back forest of Bukit Brown cemetery, where participants will get to go on a forest trail and explore abit of things abit unusual…

This is of of them.

This strange 3-headed figurine was dumped there over 2 years ago…

On the concrete stand was inscribed its creator’s name: WeiLiu, 1981.

Often we have speculated over who made this statue, and for what purpose.

….

….

In afew days time, you will know…

This is a remarkable story of how a sculpture, made for a purpose, was lost and finally reunited..

And API is proud to share that moment…

Anonymous

Yes, there has been all sorts of speculation and stories about this unusual stone, it was even associated with some legends once and I think was even christened “The Blood Idol”

It is good API can trace it back to its owner.

Anonymous

Wah…this is some heartwarming news! Good work! 🙂

fengshui
          Keymaster

This reunion of owner with the stone will be featured on Ch. U.

The programme will be On the Beat (都是大�现).
            Wtach out this coming Tues, 09/05/06 at 8pm

Anonymous

Kudos to API Team.

Now thats what I deem a worthy investigative work and report. Unlike some other paranormal enthusiasts who seem to gain pleasure from sensationalising unfounded facts and conclusions, based on non-existent ‘proofs’.

API has done a good job. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

Thank you Fedora…

It;s nice to hear from you.

In this case, the role played by API was merely to bring the mediacorp artists to this spot.

Earlier, our Nafa-Affiliate Chairman, Oscar, had already theorised that it could be a student’s work, based on the crude way it was done.

She was right. It was part of a submission to a competition.

API was earlier unable to find this statute in the books as we looked in the wrong school.. 😀

After the preview on Channel U, we will do up the article.

Anonymous

@abductboy wrote:

Thank you Fedora…

In this case, the role played by API was merely to bring the mediacorp artists to this spot.

Earlier, our Nafa-Affiliate Chairman, Oscar, had already theorised that it could be a student’s work, based on the crude way it was done.

API was earlier unable to find this statute in the books as we looked in the wrong school.. 😀

Truly a modest reply from your humble self. 🙂

Though the statue did once kept my hopes up as it resembles an artifact I’m looking for, but the moment I laid eyes on it, I too suspected it was of a recently made sculpture of cement.

Anyway, I am pleased that a logical and rational fact has surfaced to solve this ‘mystery’.

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

You can catch the video here:

http://www.api.sg/apimedia.htm

Anonymous

yay! get to watch at last!

Anonymous

@Fedora wrote:

Though the statue did once kept my hopes up as it resembles an artifact I’m looking for, but the moment I laid eyes on it, I too suspected it was of a recently made sculpture of cement.

Anyway, I am pleased that a logical and rational fact has surfaced to solve this ‘mystery’.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you Fedora..

This a a good example of what we believe API should do..

For every mystery, urban legend, abandoned places, there are stories waiting to be uncovered.

Thus research work, and the right kind of attiude and approach is important when dealing with the supernatural.

We too are glad when a mystery get solved.

It’s like a morale booster to carry on what we do best…

Anonymous

Congrats on the search as well as the reunion of the owner and her work! woohoo!

(LOL, that was pretty long post, but it’s ok! LOL)

• Author

Anonymous

In many of API Spooky tours, I often bring them to the back forest of Bukit Brown cemetery, where participants will get to go on a forest trail and explore abit of things abit unusual…

This is of of them.

This strange 3-headed figurine was dumped there over 2 years ago…

On the concrete stand was inscribed its creator’s name: WeiLiu, 1981.

Often we have speculated over who made this statue, and for what purpose.

….

….

In afew days time, you will know…

This is a remarkable story of how a sculpture, made for a purpose, was lost and finally reunited..

And API is proud to share that moment…

Anonymous

Yes, there has been all sorts of speculation and stories about this unusual stone, it was even associated with some legends once and I think was even christened “The Blood Idol”

It is good API can trace it back to its owner.

Anonymous

Wah…this is some heartwarming news! Good work! 🙂

fengshui
                                Keymaster

This reunion of owner with the stone will be featured on Ch. U.

The programme will be On the Beat (都是大�现).
                                  Wtach out this coming Tues, 09/05/06 at 8pm

Anonymous

Kudos to API Team.

Now thats what I deem a worthy investigative work and report. Unlike some other paranormal enthusiasts who seem to gain pleasure from sensationalising unfounded facts and conclusions, based on non-existent ‘proofs’.

API has done a good job. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

Thank you Fedora…

Anonymous

@abductboy wrote:

Thank you Fedora…

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

You can catch the video here:

http://www.api.sg/apimedia.htm

Anonymous

yay! get to watch at last!

Anonymous

@Fedora wrote:

Keep up the good work.

Thank you Fedora..

This a a good example of what we believe API should do..

For every mystery, urban legend, abandoned places, there are stories waiting to be uncovered.

Thus research work, and the right kind of attiude and approach is important when dealing with the supernatural.

We too are glad when a mystery get solved.

It’s like a morale booster to carry on what we do best…

Anonymous

Congrats on the search as well as the reunion of the owner and her work! woohoo!

(LOL, that was pretty long post, but it’s ok! LOL)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.