Vincent Chow to launch new book on Malaysia bigfoot

Home Page Forums API Asia Malaysian Bigfoot Special Vincent Chow to launch new book on Malaysia bigfoot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Malaysian Bigfoot = Surviving Homo Erectus?
      (Published in cryptomundo.com on May 4)

The following information was sent to Cryptomundo by Peter Loh from Singapore.

As promised, I’m back with a report on the news conference I attended this afternoon and what I found out from my interview with Mr. Vincent Chow.

Before I begin, I must warn you that what you are about to hear is so incredible that it would take lots of faith to believe, and I’m not surprised if I’d be bombarded with skeptical responses from many of you. At any rate, I’m just reporting what I’ve seen and heard…

Mr. Chow, IMHO, is a man who comes across as a very learned and experienced 59 yr-old guy who exudes an air of confidence that could only have come from a man who knows exactly what he’s talking about and is dead sure that he has solid evidence. I could tell that this self-confessed “nature man” is also passionate about wildlife and conservation- he has a deep respect for nature. In short, he seemed to me, while we chatted, to be a straight-forward, nature-loving person who didn’t beat about the bush when questions were thrown at him. He spoke with such authority and sincerity that I was convinced that this man was serious and very likely telling the truth.

Here’s the statement he made that either makes him a very confident man or a very insane one. Shortly after he arrived at the conference, he announced this: A book will be launched sometime soon (in June, he told me), revealing all they know about the Malaysian Mawas from their 11 years of study of the animal. And -get this- they have clear close-up photographs of male, female and juvenile animals!… Now, when I asked Vincent if he had seen the creatures himself, he said he had seen the photographs that could not have been faked. They were real animals, with even genitalia visible. Mr Chow also said the photos were so clear that he could see the wrinkles on their faces. The point to note here is that Mr Chow believes this to be surviving members of Homo erectus. When I asked him if they were anything close to Gigantopithecus, he said that they were a very distinct form. Here’s his description of the male animal:

Head: Protruding brow with thick and bushy eyebrows.
      Sloping forehead.
      Ears large, as in some monkeys.
      Distance between nose and lips about 2.5 times that of a man.
      Nose flat, somewhat like a gorilla’s, nostrils very prominent.
      Eyes are human-like but bloodshot and protruding out of their sockets, giving them a “sinister” look. (According to Vincent, they looked very intimidating).
      Facial hair – almost none.

Body: Broad shouldered, barrel-chested, very well-built.
      Adults up to 8, 9 or 10 ft. Juveniles up to 5 ft.
      Large adults walk with a slight hunch due to height and weight.
      Not as hairy as one would imagine (eg. orangutan) or the American Bigfoot (Vincent believes, due to different climate and environment, the Asian species has adapted).
      Most hair at back of head and shoulders.
      Hair on body only about 3 inches (he indicated with his forefinger and thumb).
      Juveniles have very dark hair, almost black. Adults have lighter, reddish brown hair. As they grow older, the coloration lightens.

When a member of the press reminded Vincent that the Sultan of Johor was skeptical about these creatures’ existence, he explained that the Sultan changed his mind right after he saw the photographic evidence. These photos were supposedly taken by an elderly man who has been observing these creatures for years. “He took them with telephoto lenses,” said Vincent.

The book is now in the works and, apparently, there are three co-authors involved, one being a reporter from a well-known paper (I shouldn’t reveal here). The photos will also be published in that book. So…what now?…

One of the photos I took -the famous footprint cast.

Vincent mentioned an orang asli sighting in which a “mawas” was seen floating on its back, moving downstream in a river. This was brought up when I asked him if they were afraid of the water since some articles had mentioned their fear of the rain getting into their nostrils. Apparently, the creatures have acquired this technique of swimming so that their faces do not touch the water!

Another thing mentioned was their diet of tropical fruits and fish. It seems that one could easily attract a “mawas” if fish was fried in the jungle…

The fruiting season from June to July would be a great time to catch sight of these creatures…

Mr. Chow explaining his theory on Homo erectus migration while SPI’s Kenny assisted…

Is this how it looks like?…

My sketch of the Malaysian Bigfoot based on Vincent Chow’s descriptions.

Living specimens of Homo erectus? Not that far-fetched, according to Vincent…

DNA analysis of hair sent to the US showed they were human. This could mean they are genetically very close to us. I also asked Mr Chow if the creatures looked anything like Patty and if he thought the Patterson footage was a hoax. To that, he simply said he didn’t want to put down others to gain credibility. But, if you asked me, I’d say he definitely has something which will astound the world of science!

May 2006 © Copyright Peter Loh

All Rights Reserved

Anonymous

Mr Vincent is a man with many controversy… remembering that not too long ago he was saying that even if Bigffot can never be found, it will still be good like the Noch Less monster…

Now it seemed he had teamed up with the Johor Wildlife Protection Society to say that they had been studying this creatures for years, who evidence ie., photos has been locked up in a safe.

Unforunately, that is as far as the Society could go.. taking photos..

It is therefore possible that those photos which was taken by the Logger (who is a member of the Society).

This is another case of just bombing anywhere they can.

The photos being referred to was taken in Lenggor Forest, that part of forest that is linked to Kahang, where both our Orang Asli Witness Awang, Along and Amir.

IT DOES NOT REFER TO LUKUT, where the PIG-FOOT was found, and where they are still harping on it.

But as long as the story fits, they will play it up.

And what is so difficult to say it is an Orang Utan, or a new subspecie of Orang Utan?

I am typing from Office so I don’t have time to link all these information to our Bigfoot article yet. (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/BF.htm)

But it is very interesting to note that the Big Ears feature is already mentioned in my article.

It was seen by Amir. Just go teh Bigfoot Article and go to Content Page to read Amir’s interview.

My Introduction in the Aritcle still stands… it is Endau Rompin and the surrounding forest they should be looking for…

Both Amir and the Logger who took the photos saw the same creature in lenggor Forest.

And Vincent just can’t seem to realise they are looking for it in the wrong place.

Anonymous

i think part of the reason why Vincent link it to homo erectus is because dna analysis of the hair is human, and therefore he made the presumption that it is a hominoid species.

Actually the DNA of hominoid species like Homo erectus is significantly different from that of homo sapiens. I gather more data on that.

I guess we have to wait for the photographic evidence to comment further.

Anonymous

That hair he mentioned, was human, did not originate from the colony of bigfoot this Vincent was talking about. It was 2 strand of hair, found in panti forest or kampung lukut, and is a agricultural farmland. The story can be traced back in my article.

Therefore, hairs collected in a field where there are labourers working, of cos will be human!

Anonymous

The hair strand is from here: http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/still-in-doubt.pdf

You see how convienently the hair samples get ‘interwoven’ into the bigfoot photos???

More on the Bigfoot colony here:

http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/my_bf_colony.pdf

http://www.api.sg//research/MYbigfoot/bf_colony_moving.pdf

And the Sultan cooments on the Bigfoot is here:

http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/Sin-Min-Bf.pdf

The interview of the Sultan did not appear in Malaysia press but in our local chinese press, and translated and shown in only in our Bigfoot article.

Anonymous

This has proven to be another poor reporting of events.

Fensghui placed here what he read from this website: http://www.cryptomundo.com/index.php

I was asked for my opininon by someone there which I replied, and lo behold, my remarks appeared there as well..

The original article here, and the exchanges of ideas here

The webmaster Coleman clarified things with Vincent about the many questions thrown up there about his news conference.

His reply is here

I quote:

I decided, due to the comments at Cryptomundo, we all needed to ask some questions of Vincent Chow, to move closer to some clarification on this developing story. Of course, no Homo erectus has been confirmed, no photographs have been produced, and in the midst of all of this excitement, of course, the mood is one of caution and sometimes a sense of we have all been here before. Nevertheless, if there is any possibility, even a remote one, that proof is at hand, don’t we want to know more? Therefore, as we continue the quest, retain the passion, hold on to our patience, we need to also ask questions. I reached out to Vincent and he responded, openly, as best he could at this point. Here’s his answers. (See earlier posts for descriptions and more on the photographs.)

First, why was a news conference being held and no photographs shown? It just logically does not make sense. The truth be told, the news conference was held by others. This was not Vincent Chow’s news conference but he was invited there by the Singapore Paranormal Investigations (SPI) to comment on the casting of the footprint made by the Seekers, as well as the Mandt’s brothers team, which they got from Lukut, Kota Tinggi. It was not Dr. Chow’s media event, and the photographic evidence was not necessarily to be discussed then. Certainly, it was not going to be released at that news conference. It only came about through questioning (such as by Peter Loh and others) that the existence of the photographs leaked out.

So now we know it publicity blitz by SPI at the Founder’s condominuim Function room in Singapore.

So it’s was that ‘news conference’ and so there was no public statement by Vincent Chow, and the reporting was by SPI own ‘reporter’.

I do not know if the ‘hair sample DNA linkage’ found at foot of Panti hill (or Kampung Lukut) that says it was human, thus meaning that the Bigfoot might be from a homo erectus-based, was said by Vincent Chow, or by Peter Loh. Because it was a deliberate act to misled public perception that there was hair sample from the Bigfoot evidence implied by Vincent, when the samples is from another place and time.

Those photos if they are to be show, have to have sufficient background data so as to draw a definite conclusion as to its height. Orang utans can come in many faces, colour and ‘hair-skin’. The photos would have to show more than just a group of 3.

We must be careful with this statement:

…actually belong to a group who had spent 11 years protecting the creatures and they own the copyrights. Although there are 14 shots of different views and situations of them, I am only permitted to release 3 (a matured male, a female and a juvenile).

11 years of research and only 14 shots?

Where have they been hiding??? 11 years surpass the 6 years by the logger who found the bigfoot colony in lenggor, a heavily logged forest.

Here’s a family of ‘three’ from API

Anonymous

I believe that the whole “creation” of this havoc is too superficial.

For Vincent Chow to write a book on such a hot topic, there should at least be one research paper done by proper researchers. The group that went into the forest found nothing, and yet on the other far end of the media, there are the people who have been in the forest and even knowing this “bigfoot colony” and visiting them, sounds to me like an unnaturally close knit relationship, and yet still no solid evidence to warrant the output of a proper research paper.

Based on the description of Vincent Chow of the creature, it would not have come to show the picture of the ‘sketch’ that Peter Loh claimed he made of it… the ears simply aren’t big enough, and the nose not upturned enough. The sketch could be done easily based on the available photographs all around us, forcefully enhance to create a disproportioned idea of the looks that does not befit the description. Surely if police were to be matching criminal faces to such a degree of discrepancy, a lot of innocent people will be called for prisoning. And a 3-inch length hair… who is able to tell exactly how long the hair is, unless one is so intimate with the creature as to be able to help comb its hair. By just a strand of hair with a human DNA? Take a strand of one’s own hair from different sides and parts of the head, and you definitely cannot find the exact length either.

If they speak the truth about there being a colony of Bigfoot in the forest, the first instance of any scientists will be to seek first hand test on the DNA, structures, characteristics and all other biological and anatomical setup of the creature, plus blood type, genetical inheritance comparison and let Bigfoot go through some medical examinations to ensure that there is no ailments affecting them. Now we do not even have a single DNA reference, why speak about DNA tests in the first place? Based on what? Human genes? That would just give us semblance that Bigfoot is wiser than us for they are able to live on for so many years and avoid the fame and fortune and sensationalised popularity by hiding so well in the jungles.

Anonymous

I’m getting a bit confused here. The book said there will be Bigfoot pictures, but not telling that it has the pictures of the Bigfoot particularly residing in Johor… yes? And were they original negative photographs or digital editable photographs?

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Sunday/National/20060507075145/Article/index_html

Anonymous

Taken from BBC News on 28 Feb : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4759018.stm

Quote:

Vincent Chow, of the Malaysian Nature Society, had some photos.

“Based on what we’ve learned, this is the southern end of their migratory route and because the forests have become fragmented they’re rather confined now,” Mr Chow said.

“They move around looking for fruits, sometimes they go looking for them in villages. They’re also looking for a mate and for salt.”

Seems like his photos is based on the logger whose colony migrated from Gresik Perak to Johor!

Anonymous

Just remember orang utans can be very human like…

Anonymous

With due respect to Vincent Chow, he is a committed nature lover, and has contributed to many nature and conservation issues.

He conducts regular nature appreciation courses for his society Malaysia nature society Johore branch : http://www.mnsj.org.my/index.php

Here is his sensible advice on Bigfoot to members of his Malaysia nature society on Mar 4.

Dear all,

If you are steeped in Antropological, Zoological and Paleontological interests, will you have a clearer understanding of its significance when found as it will provide numerous elusive answers to researchers regarding a primitive man-ape that has confounded the world as regards to its ability to survivie all odds to see the present times.It will provide an insight into the evolution of Man and his kins and could expose how our ancestors coped with environmental changes and challenges through evolutionary processes.It may not excite Malaysians but the world’s fraternity of scienist will flock to Johor for obvious reasons.

If we take a ‘ so what’ approach, then we will remain as skeptics, and still not accept facts as they are revealed.Skeptics and cynics may remain so but the academic world will see things in a very enlightening light and Paleontology may require a rethink about its theory of Man’s ancestry as well as his evolutionary path.

If found it will probably be the find of the century and Malaysia will be praised for its efforts in conservation of the forests until even a primitive creature is safe and snug, to be found , 500,000 years ( supposedly BF is descended from the Giant Ape-Gigantopithecus blackii) after it was reported to go extinct due to weather changes as well as being predated upon by others like Homo erectus.

Johor is suddenly on the map of everybody’s mind, especially overseas. What impacts it will have on our toursim
                          industry it is not known as yet, but I suppose it will attract the curious and the serious to Johor. Then perhaps, it will add a few dollars more to the common trader as he is now able to sell a little more than ordinary times. Cumulatively, the tourist dollar should add a lilttle fillip to Johor’s economy, and that is a positive index for Johor’s economy.

I would like to welcome anyone to follow me on one of my evidence-seeking trip and perhaps, in the right environment, one will not be bent on proving BF is for real, but get to enjoy the natural world that is there. If BF is found, we should be thankful that it is happening in Johor , not in Vancouver or the Himalayas.

BF should be treated a a rare form of our fauna, and may still remain as a myth, a mystery, and a subject for all to debate freely. Everone is entilted to his or her own opinion , whatever yours may be, I will have to give my due respect.

Vincent Chow

Anonymous

Vincent has great love for his country, just like we have for ours.

He sees it as a boon for his country, if his country has a Bigfoot creature.

Perhaps it is misquoting and lousy reporting from reporters that lump his remarks as they appeared in the press.

Take this current case by Peter Loh. It was his sensational reporting, that resulted in a great debate. http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/malay-bigfoot-update/

In the end it turn out it wasn’t Vincent Chow press conference, even though it was written as it is. Coleman found out that the talk about the book came out during ‘cross-examination’ by Peter (I believe), yet Peter reported as if the moment Vincent came, he announced that he is writing a book!

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/facemawas/

Peter said:

Here’s the statement he made that either makes him (Vincent) a very confident man or a very insane one. Shortly after he arrived at the conference, he announced this: A book will be launched sometime soon (in June, he told me), revealing all they know about the Malaysian Mawas from their 11 years of study of the animal. And -get this- they have clear close-up photographs of male, female and juvenile animals!…

Vincent answer was that:

why was a news conference being held and no photographs shown? It just logically does not make sense. The truth be told, the news conference was held by others. This was not Vincent Chow’s news conference but he was invited there by the Singapore Paranormal Investigations (SPI) to comment on the casting of the footprint made by the Seekers, as well as the Mandt’s brothers team, which they got from Lukut, Kota Tinggi. It was not Dr. Chow’s media event, and the photographic evidence was not necessarily to be discussed then. Certainly, it was not going to be released at that news conference. It only came about through questioning (such as by Peter Loh and others) that the existence of the photographs leaked out.

And then when there is a big uproar, Peter and Coleman jointly said let’s keep calm, be patient..

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/impczhumor/

I beseech Coleman to understand the culture of Singaporean and Malaysians alike, their mode of thinking, and why the interest is there.

How did a non-Vincent event, became his event?? Who invited him.. and who reported the news that caused all these uproar, and poor Vincent is now depicted as the man to be slammed by Bigfoot for spilling the beans??? But in reality Who ACTUALLY SPILLED THEM??

I see no reason except for publicity.

None of the Malaysian, (except for Vincent Chow), none of the Singaporean, including the SPI team, or for that matter we ourselves, the API team, are expert in cryptozoolgy, nor are we ‘Bigfoot hunters’ in any way.

For myself, I said that I am the only one familar with the Malaysian Bigfoot Enigma not because I am a Bigfoot Enthusiant, or a Cryptozoologist. But rather, I track all reports originating from Singapore and Malaysia regarding this Bigfoot, and apply analytic and critical thought process to make sense of those reports.

I have my Malaysian Chapter members who contributed their thoughts and intepretation of certain events that occurred. I interviewed the locals and Orang Asli to better understand how they lived, what they believed in.

I scanned through all the reports and join together the available information from all the sources,, including my visits to Kampung Lukut to see for myself what kind of area that was, and the footprints that can be found there.

Thus I pride myself with an indepth understanding of what is happening there.

When the New Straits Times broke the news that the Malaysian government was destroying bigfoot prints in Lukut, the crypto community was in an uproar.

I was then contacted by a radio news reporter who wanted my take on this issue.

I told him that it couldn’t be the government, they are not so free. The reporter sounded shocked. and repeated that it was reported in the NST. I told him that Lulut is a agricultural farmland, most probably it was just the farmer clearing his own land.

The next day the NST reported that the government denies clearing that part, as it was private land.

Thus understanding Malaysia, the Malaysian is important.

I invite anyone who is interested in this Bigfoot land, to contact me, I would like to bring you personally so you can see for yourself the land, the prints, and you will laugh. This I promise you.

Kampung Lukut is a agricultural farmland. It is not in any Forest Reserve, no permission is required. Kota Tinggi is a popular Tourist spot.

There is no restriction, and you are not breaking any laws going there. You can send your representative, a friend perhaps, who can report to you what he find in this ‘Bigfoot land’. Just contact info@api.sg

Anonymous

Seems like Vincent Chow and the Johor Wildlife Protection Group are both gunning for publicity. The source of the photos may be the same man who showed the photos to both Vincent and the Wildlife Protection Group.
                              Remarks : (see below for Vincent’s clarification that they are the same group and not out to compete with each other)

Bernama News May 13

Two Books Containing Pictures Of ‘Bigfoot’ Being Written

JOHOR BAHARU, May 13 (Bernama) — Two books containing colour pictures of “Bigfoot” or Orang Lenggor and written by separate groups will be published in a few months in an attempt to prove the existence of the creature which has created worldwide interest.

Biodiversity expert Vincent Chow, who is writing one of the books with two others, said their book would answer questions about the elusive creature.

“It resembles a pre-historic human, not ape,” he told Bernama on Friday.

“The body is covered by a layer of long hair except on the face, which is bare. It has a fierce-looking face, big body and walks with a hunch. It resembles a sturdy man,” he added.

He said the book would shake the scientific world and the thinking of conventional scientists.

Chow said that from the pictures he had seen, the creature had probably lived in solitude for thousands of years without being detected.

When asked where and when the pictures were taken, he said he did not know but he was sure they were taken in a Johor forest.

He said the owner of the pictures was an elderly man who refused to reveal his identity and had left for Thailand recently to escape from possible harassment.

“From what we know, he is a former communist guerilla who spent a long time in the jungle,” he said.

The owner had asked for the creature not to be disturbed and considered it a treasure of Johor which needed to be protected, he said.

Chow said the book would prove that the creature existed but it might not be able to satisfy the skeptics.

“They will say the pictures are phony and will believe it only if they were to touch it, smell its odour and so on,” he said.

A Johor Wildlife Protection Association officer told Bernama that the association also planned to launch a book written in Chinese in July on the creature it calls Orang Lenggor.

“Yes, the book will have pictures as evidence of Orang Lenggor’s existence. We are sure all along that the creature exists and the pictures will prove it,” he said.

— BERNAMA

Anonymous

Fengshui,

Do you realise the SIGNIFICANCE of this new revelation?

API was able from the very beginning, when Peter Loh revealed just a few shred of information, before Vincent Chow mentioned his source, API was managed to connect the Bigfoot photos to this Colony of Bigffot which the group termed it Orang Lenggor.

Thus I was right from the onset to quote that source as from the Societyof Wildlife Protection.

I quote myself, writing on 6th May:

This Vincent is a great confusion of a guy.

He constantly mixes thing up. And when reporters quoted what he says, things can go horribly wrong.

The mawas he was talking about refers to the colony of Bigfoot founded by this previously unknown Johor Wildlife Protection Society.

He mentioned that he knew the person who took the photos. but it is clear that those photos he mentioned refers to the mawas that was spotted by a logger in Lenggor Forest. The Society later tried to get it named as Orang Lenggor.

The links to those mawas are here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/my_bf_colony.pdf) and here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/bf_colony_moving.pdf).

Vincent also informed that the DNA test from 2 strand of hair proved to be human. It was mentioned in such a way as if to indicate that the strand of hair was found at the location where the mawas was photographed.

But it was actually found at Panti areas, where Kampung Lukut was situated, a agricultural farmland. That those hairs proved to be human is no surprise.

The story of those hairs is here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/still-in-doubt.pdf).

I have been emphasising a fair bit that Kampung Lukut is not the place where maswas or bigfoot was found.

When the news break out in Dec 2005, Vincent called it King kong before reverting to the more popular Bigfoot. In fact, I conducted interviews around Johor and only people in Kota Tinggi describe the mawas as king kong-like.

Historically, Mawas, or orangutan was seen in Mawai, whose rivers run into Sedili forest (that connects lenggor forest).

Interesting, Lenggor is the place where also this wildlife society says their mawas was seen, and where also our Orang Asli Interviewees, especially, Amir Ali, said he saw his mawas.

One of his description, included a bigger-than average ear feature. This is recorded in my Bigfoot article under Amir’s interview, and is a fact not mentioned elsewhere before. But this desciption was picked up by Vincent as well. (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/BF.htm#s5.6)

During the interview, the reporters asked him about the Sultan’s family pointed that the mawas could be the orangutans released 40 years ago. This news of the Sultan appeared not in the Malaysia press, but in Singapore chinese papers. It was discovered by me and translated into english, and remains the only source anywhere where this news in english could be found.

Thus I can say that though no one mentioned it, THEY ARE getting pointers from my article.

As for Peter Loh, he is a SPI member, 1 organisation who is helping Vincent Chow launch his book. This fact is of course not disclosed as he tried to write his commentary as ‘an outsider’ impressed with Mr Vincent. (as it pans out, the group was was guynning for publicity)

There is a great mix up of stories arising from malaysia, and anyone not in the know, can be misled easily.

The original story of the Bigfoot Family never existed. The Fish farm workers who saw the family never existed. Vincent mixes everything up by describing accounts of past years encounters and reciting them as if they were happening.

You can read all these here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/BF.htm#s8).

Unquote.

Fengshui, Let’s finish up this fiasco with a point to point correlation of the movement of the Sultan orang Utans with the movement of this Homo Erectus of Vincent.

Anonymous

further updates are coming..

• Author

Anonymous

Malaysian Bigfoot = Surviving Homo Erectus?
                                    (Published in cryptomundo.com on May 4)

The following information was sent to Cryptomundo by Peter Loh from Singapore.

As promised, I’m back with a report on the news conference I attended this afternoon and what I found out from my interview with Mr. Vincent Chow.

Before I begin, I must warn you that what you are about to hear is so incredible that it would take lots of faith to believe, and I’m not surprised if I’d be bombarded with skeptical responses from many of you. At any rate, I’m just reporting what I’ve seen and heard…

Mr. Chow, IMHO, is a man who comes across as a very learned and experienced 59 yr-old guy who exudes an air of confidence that could only have come from a man who knows exactly what he’s talking about and is dead sure that he has solid evidence. I could tell that this self-confessed “nature man” is also passionate about wildlife and conservation- he has a deep respect for nature. In short, he seemed to me, while we chatted, to be a straight-forward, nature-loving person who didn’t beat about the bush when questions were thrown at him. He spoke with such authority and sincerity that I was convinced that this man was serious and very likely telling the truth.

Here’s the statement he made that either makes him a very confident man or a very insane one. Shortly after he arrived at the conference, he announced this: A book will be launched sometime soon (in June, he told me), revealing all they know about the Malaysian Mawas from their 11 years of study of the animal. And -get this- they have clear close-up photographs of male, female and juvenile animals!… Now, when I asked Vincent if he had seen the creatures himself, he said he had seen the photographs that could not have been faked. They were real animals, with even genitalia visible. Mr Chow also said the photos were so clear that he could see the wrinkles on their faces. The point to note here is that Mr Chow believes this to be surviving members of Homo erectus. When I asked him if they were anything close to Gigantopithecus, he said that they were a very distinct form. Here’s his description of the male animal:

Head: Protruding brow with thick and bushy eyebrows.
                                    Sloping forehead.
                                    Ears large, as in some monkeys.
                                    Distance between nose and lips about 2.5 times that of a man.
                                    Nose flat, somewhat like a gorilla’s, nostrils very prominent.
                                    Eyes are human-like but bloodshot and protruding out of their sockets, giving them a “sinister” look. (According to Vincent, they looked very intimidating).
                                    Facial hair – almost none.

Body: Broad shouldered, barrel-chested, very well-built.
                                    Adults up to 8, 9 or 10 ft. Juveniles up to 5 ft.
                                    Large adults walk with a slight hunch due to height and weight.
                                    Not as hairy as one would imagine (eg. orangutan) or the American Bigfoot (Vincent believes, due to different climate and environment, the Asian species has adapted).
                                    Most hair at back of head and shoulders.
                                    Hair on body only about 3 inches (he indicated with his forefinger and thumb).
                                    Juveniles have very dark hair, almost black. Adults have lighter, reddish brown hair. As they grow older, the coloration lightens.

When a member of the press reminded Vincent that the Sultan of Johor was skeptical about these creatures’ existence, he explained that the Sultan changed his mind right after he saw the photographic evidence. These photos were supposedly taken by an elderly man who has been observing these creatures for years. “He took them with telephoto lenses,” said Vincent.

The book is now in the works and, apparently, there are three co-authors involved, one being a reporter from a well-known paper (I shouldn’t reveal here). The photos will also be published in that book. So…what now?…

One of the photos I took -the famous footprint cast.

Vincent mentioned an orang asli sighting in which a “mawas” was seen floating on its back, moving downstream in a river. This was brought up when I asked him if they were afraid of the water since some articles had mentioned their fear of the rain getting into their nostrils. Apparently, the creatures have acquired this technique of swimming so that their faces do not touch the water!

Another thing mentioned was their diet of tropical fruits and fish. It seems that one could easily attract a “mawas” if fish was fried in the jungle…

The fruiting season from June to July would be a great time to catch sight of these creatures…

Mr. Chow explaining his theory on Homo erectus migration while SPI’s Kenny assisted…

Is this how it looks like?…

My sketch of the Malaysian Bigfoot based on Vincent Chow’s descriptions.

Living specimens of Homo erectus? Not that far-fetched, according to Vincent…

DNA analysis of hair sent to the US showed they were human. This could mean they are genetically very close to us. I also asked Mr Chow if the creatures looked anything like Patty and if he thought the Patterson footage was a hoax. To that, he simply said he didn’t want to put down others to gain credibility. But, if you asked me, I’d say he definitely has something which will astound the world of science!

May 2006 © Copyright Peter Loh

All Rights Reserved

Anonymous

Mr Vincent is a man with many controversy… remembering that not too long ago he was saying that even if Bigffot can never be found, it will still be good like the Noch Less monster…

Now it seemed he had teamed up with the Johor Wildlife Protection Society to say that they had been studying this creatures for years, who evidence ie., photos has been locked up in a safe.

Unforunately, that is as far as the Society could go.. taking photos..

It is therefore possible that those photos which was taken by the Logger (who is a member of the Society).

This is another case of just bombing anywhere they can.

The photos being referred to was taken in Lenggor Forest, that part of forest that is linked to Kahang, where both our Orang Asli Witness Awang, Along and Amir.

IT DOES NOT REFER TO LUKUT, where the PIG-FOOT was found, and where they are still harping on it.

But as long as the story fits, they will play it up.

And what is so difficult to say it is an Orang Utan, or a new subspecie of Orang Utan?

I am typing from Office so I don’t have time to link all these information to our Bigfoot article yet. (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/BF.htm)

But it is very interesting to note that the Big Ears feature is already mentioned in my article.

It was seen by Amir. Just go teh Bigfoot Article and go to Content Page to read Amir’s interview.

My Introduction in the Aritcle still stands… it is Endau Rompin and the surrounding forest they should be looking for…

Both Amir and the Logger who took the photos saw the same creature in lenggor Forest.

And Vincent just can’t seem to realise they are looking for it in the wrong place.

Anonymous

i think part of the reason why Vincent link it to homo erectus is because dna analysis of the hair is human, and therefore he made the presumption that it is a hominoid species.

Actually the DNA of hominoid species like Homo erectus is significantly different from that of homo sapiens. I gather more data on that.

I guess we have to wait for the photographic evidence to comment further.

Anonymous

That hair he mentioned, was human, did not originate from the colony of bigfoot this Vincent was talking about. It was 2 strand of hair, found in panti forest or kampung lukut, and is a agricultural farmland. The story can be traced back in my article.

Therefore, hairs collected in a field where there are labourers working, of cos will be human!

Anonymous

The hair strand is from here: http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/still-in-doubt.pdf

You see how convienently the hair samples get ‘interwoven’ into the bigfoot photos???

More on the Bigfoot colony here:

http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/my_bf_colony.pdf

http://www.api.sg//research/MYbigfoot/bf_colony_moving.pdf

And the Sultan cooments on the Bigfoot is here:

http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/Sin-Min-Bf.pdf

The interview of the Sultan did not appear in Malaysia press but in our local chinese press, and translated and shown in only in our Bigfoot article.

Anonymous

This has proven to be another poor reporting of events.

Fensghui placed here what he read from this website: http://www.cryptomundo.com/index.php

I was asked for my opininon by someone there which I replied, and lo behold, my remarks appeared there as well..

The original article here, and the exchanges of ideas here

The webmaster Coleman clarified things with Vincent about the many questions thrown up there about his news conference.

His reply is here

I quote:

I decided, due to the comments at Cryptomundo, we all needed to ask some questions of Vincent Chow, to move closer to some clarification on this developing story. Of course, no Homo erectus has been confirmed, no photographs have been produced, and in the midst of all of this excitement, of course, the mood is one of caution and sometimes a sense of we have all been here before. Nevertheless, if there is any possibility, even a remote one, that proof is at hand, don’t we want to know more? Therefore, as we continue the quest, retain the passion, hold on to our patience, we need to also ask questions. I reached out to Vincent and he responded, openly, as best he could at this point. Here’s his answers. (See earlier posts for descriptions and more on the photographs.)

First, why was a news conference being held and no photographs shown? It just logically does not make sense. The truth be told, the news conference was held by others. This was not Vincent Chow’s news conference but he was invited there by the Singapore Paranormal Investigations (SPI) to comment on the casting of the footprint made by the Seekers, as well as the Mandt’s brothers team, which they got from Lukut, Kota Tinggi. It was not Dr. Chow’s media event, and the photographic evidence was not necessarily to be discussed then. Certainly, it was not going to be released at that news conference. It only came about through questioning (such as by Peter Loh and others) that the existence of the photographs leaked out.

So now we know it publicity blitz by SPI at the Founder’s condominuim Function room in Singapore.

So it’s was that ‘news conference’ and so there was no public statement by Vincent Chow, and the reporting was by SPI own ‘reporter’.

I do not know if the ‘hair sample DNA linkage’ found at foot of Panti hill (or Kampung Lukut) that says it was human, thus meaning that the Bigfoot might be from a homo erectus-based, was said by Vincent Chow, or by Peter Loh. Because it was a deliberate act to misled public perception that there was hair sample from the Bigfoot evidence implied by Vincent, when the samples is from another place and time.

Those photos if they are to be show, have to have sufficient background data so as to draw a definite conclusion as to its height. Orang utans can come in many faces, colour and ‘hair-skin’. The photos would have to show more than just a group of 3.

We must be careful with this statement:

…actually belong to a group who had spent 11 years protecting the creatures and they own the copyrights. Although there are 14 shots of different views and situations of them, I am only permitted to release 3 (a matured male, a female and a juvenile).

11 years of research and only 14 shots?

Where have they been hiding??? 11 years surpass the 6 years by the logger who found the bigfoot colony in lenggor, a heavily logged forest.

Here’s a family of ‘three’ from API

Anonymous

I believe that the whole “creation” of this havoc is too superficial.

For Vincent Chow to write a book on such a hot topic, there should at least be one research paper done by proper researchers. The group that went into the forest found nothing, and yet on the other far end of the media, there are the people who have been in the forest and even knowing this “bigfoot colony” and visiting them, sounds to me like an unnaturally close knit relationship, and yet still no solid evidence to warrant the output of a proper research paper.

Based on the description of Vincent Chow of the creature, it would not have come to show the picture of the ‘sketch’ that Peter Loh claimed he made of it… the ears simply aren’t big enough, and the nose not upturned enough. The sketch could be done easily based on the available photographs all around us, forcefully enhance to create a disproportioned idea of the looks that does not befit the description. Surely if police were to be matching criminal faces to such a degree of discrepancy, a lot of innocent people will be called for prisoning. And a 3-inch length hair… who is able to tell exactly how long the hair is, unless one is so intimate with the creature as to be able to help comb its hair. By just a strand of hair with a human DNA? Take a strand of one’s own hair from different sides and parts of the head, and you definitely cannot find the exact length either.

If they speak the truth about there being a colony of Bigfoot in the forest, the first instance of any scientists will be to seek first hand test on the DNA, structures, characteristics and all other biological and anatomical setup of the creature, plus blood type, genetical inheritance comparison and let Bigfoot go through some medical examinations to ensure that there is no ailments affecting them. Now we do not even have a single DNA reference, why speak about DNA tests in the first place? Based on what? Human genes? That would just give us semblance that Bigfoot is wiser than us for they are able to live on for so many years and avoid the fame and fortune and sensationalised popularity by hiding so well in the jungles.

Anonymous

I’m getting a bit confused here. The book said there will be Bigfoot pictures, but not telling that it has the pictures of the Bigfoot particularly residing in Johor… yes? And were they original negative photographs or digital editable photographs?

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Sunday/National/20060507075145/Article/index_html

Anonymous

Taken from BBC News on 28 Feb : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4759018.stm

Quote:

Vincent Chow, of the Malaysian Nature Society, had some photos.

“Based on what we’ve learned, this is the southern end of their migratory route and because the forests have become fragmented they’re rather confined now,” Mr Chow said.

“They move around looking for fruits, sometimes they go looking for them in villages. They’re also looking for a mate and for salt.”

Seems like his photos is based on the logger whose colony migrated from Gresik Perak to Johor!

Anonymous

Just remember orang utans can be very human like…

Anonymous

With due respect to Vincent Chow, he is a committed nature lover, and has contributed to many nature and conservation issues.

He conducts regular nature appreciation courses for his society Malaysia nature society Johore branch : http://www.mnsj.org.my/index.php

Here is his sensible advice on Bigfoot to members of his Malaysia nature society on Mar 4.

Dear all,

If you are steeped in Antropological, Zoological and Paleontological interests, will you have a clearer understanding of its significance when found as it will provide numerous elusive answers to researchers regarding a primitive man-ape that has confounded the world as regards to its ability to survivie all odds to see the present times.It will provide an insight into the evolution of Man and his kins and could expose how our ancestors coped with environmental changes and challenges through evolutionary processes.It may not excite Malaysians but the world’s fraternity of scienist will flock to Johor for obvious reasons.

If we take a ‘ so what’ approach, then we will remain as skeptics, and still not accept facts as they are revealed.Skeptics and cynics may remain so but the academic world will see things in a very enlightening light and Paleontology may require a rethink about its theory of Man’s ancestry as well as his evolutionary path.

If found it will probably be the find of the century and Malaysia will be praised for its efforts in conservation of the forests until even a primitive creature is safe and snug, to be found , 500,000 years ( supposedly BF is descended from the Giant Ape-Gigantopithecus blackii) after it was reported to go extinct due to weather changes as well as being predated upon by others like Homo erectus.

Johor is suddenly on the map of everybody’s mind, especially overseas. What impacts it will have on our toursim
                                                        industry it is not known as yet, but I suppose it will attract the curious and the serious to Johor. Then perhaps, it will add a few dollars more to the common trader as he is now able to sell a little more than ordinary times. Cumulatively, the tourist dollar should add a lilttle fillip to Johor’s economy, and that is a positive index for Johor’s economy.

I would like to welcome anyone to follow me on one of my evidence-seeking trip and perhaps, in the right environment, one will not be bent on proving BF is for real, but get to enjoy the natural world that is there. If BF is found, we should be thankful that it is happening in Johor , not in Vancouver or the Himalayas.

BF should be treated a a rare form of our fauna, and may still remain as a myth, a mystery, and a subject for all to debate freely. Everone is entilted to his or her own opinion , whatever yours may be, I will have to give my due respect.

Vincent Chow

Anonymous

Vincent has great love for his country, just like we have for ours.

He sees it as a boon for his country, if his country has a Bigfoot creature.

Perhaps it is misquoting and lousy reporting from reporters that lump his remarks as they appeared in the press.

Take this current case by Peter Loh. It was his sensational reporting, that resulted in a great debate. http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/malay-bigfoot-update/

In the end it turn out it wasn’t Vincent Chow press conference, even though it was written as it is. Coleman found out that the talk about the book came out during ‘cross-examination’ by Peter (I believe), yet Peter reported as if the moment Vincent came, he announced that he is writing a book!

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/facemawas/

Peter said:

Here’s the statement he made that either makes him (Vincent) a very confident man or a very insane one. Shortly after he arrived at the conference, he announced this: A book will be launched sometime soon (in June, he told me), revealing all they know about the Malaysian Mawas from their 11 years of study of the animal. And -get this- they have clear close-up photographs of male, female and juvenile animals!…

Vincent answer was that:

why was a news conference being held and no photographs shown? It just logically does not make sense. The truth be told, the news conference was held by others. This was not Vincent Chow’s news conference but he was invited there by the Singapore Paranormal Investigations (SPI) to comment on the casting of the footprint made by the Seekers, as well as the Mandt’s brothers team, which they got from Lukut, Kota Tinggi. It was not Dr. Chow’s media event, and the photographic evidence was not necessarily to be discussed then. Certainly, it was not going to be released at that news conference. It only came about through questioning (such as by Peter Loh and others) that the existence of the photographs leaked out.

And then when there is a big uproar, Peter and Coleman jointly said let’s keep calm, be patient..

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/impczhumor/

I beseech Coleman to understand the culture of Singaporean and Malaysians alike, their mode of thinking, and why the interest is there.

How did a non-Vincent event, became his event?? Who invited him.. and who reported the news that caused all these uproar, and poor Vincent is now depicted as the man to be slammed by Bigfoot for spilling the beans??? But in reality Who ACTUALLY SPILLED THEM??

I see no reason except for publicity.

None of the Malaysian, (except for Vincent Chow), none of the Singaporean, including the SPI team, or for that matter we ourselves, the API team, are expert in cryptozoolgy, nor are we ‘Bigfoot hunters’ in any way.

For myself, I said that I am the only one familar with the Malaysian Bigfoot Enigma not because I am a Bigfoot Enthusiant, or a Cryptozoologist. But rather, I track all reports originating from Singapore and Malaysia regarding this Bigfoot, and apply analytic and critical thought process to make sense of those reports.

I have my Malaysian Chapter members who contributed their thoughts and intepretation of certain events that occurred. I interviewed the locals and Orang Asli to better understand how they lived, what they believed in.

I scanned through all the reports and join together the available information from all the sources,, including my visits to Kampung Lukut to see for myself what kind of area that was, and the footprints that can be found there.

Thus I pride myself with an indepth understanding of what is happening there.

When the New Straits Times broke the news that the Malaysian government was destroying bigfoot prints in Lukut, the crypto community was in an uproar.

I was then contacted by a radio news reporter who wanted my take on this issue.

I told him that it couldn’t be the government, they are not so free. The reporter sounded shocked. and repeated that it was reported in the NST. I told him that Lulut is a agricultural farmland, most probably it was just the farmer clearing his own land.

The next day the NST reported that the government denies clearing that part, as it was private land.

Thus understanding Malaysia, the Malaysian is important.

I invite anyone who is interested in this Bigfoot land, to contact me, I would like to bring you personally so you can see for yourself the land, the prints, and you will laugh. This I promise you.

Kampung Lukut is a agricultural farmland. It is not in any Forest Reserve, no permission is required. Kota Tinggi is a popular Tourist spot.

There is no restriction, and you are not breaking any laws going there. You can send your representative, a friend perhaps, who can report to you what he find in this ‘Bigfoot land’. Just contact info@api.sg

Anonymous

Seems like Vincent Chow and the Johor Wildlife Protection Group are both gunning for publicity. The source of the photos may be the same man who showed the photos to both Vincent and the Wildlife Protection Group.
                                                            Remarks : (see below for Vincent’s clarification that they are the same group and not out to compete with each other)

Bernama News May 13

Two Books Containing Pictures Of ‘Bigfoot’ Being Written

JOHOR BAHARU, May 13 (Bernama) — Two books containing colour pictures of “Bigfoot” or Orang Lenggor and written by separate groups will be published in a few months in an attempt to prove the existence of the creature which has created worldwide interest.

Biodiversity expert Vincent Chow, who is writing one of the books with two others, said their book would answer questions about the elusive creature.

“It resembles a pre-historic human, not ape,” he told Bernama on Friday.

“The body is covered by a layer of long hair except on the face, which is bare. It has a fierce-looking face, big body and walks with a hunch. It resembles a sturdy man,” he added.

He said the book would shake the scientific world and the thinking of conventional scientists.

Chow said that from the pictures he had seen, the creature had probably lived in solitude for thousands of years without being detected.

When asked where and when the pictures were taken, he said he did not know but he was sure they were taken in a Johor forest.

He said the owner of the pictures was an elderly man who refused to reveal his identity and had left for Thailand recently to escape from possible harassment.

“From what we know, he is a former communist guerilla who spent a long time in the jungle,” he said.

The owner had asked for the creature not to be disturbed and considered it a treasure of Johor which needed to be protected, he said.

Chow said the book would prove that the creature existed but it might not be able to satisfy the skeptics.

“They will say the pictures are phony and will believe it only if they were to touch it, smell its odour and so on,” he said.

A Johor Wildlife Protection Association officer told Bernama that the association also planned to launch a book written in Chinese in July on the creature it calls Orang Lenggor.

“Yes, the book will have pictures as evidence of Orang Lenggor’s existence. We are sure all along that the creature exists and the pictures will prove it,” he said.

— BERNAMA

Anonymous

Fengshui,

Do you realise the SIGNIFICANCE of this new revelation?

API was able from the very beginning, when Peter Loh revealed just a few shred of information, before Vincent Chow mentioned his source, API was managed to connect the Bigfoot photos to this Colony of Bigffot which the group termed it Orang Lenggor.

Thus I was right from the onset to quote that source as from the Societyof Wildlife Protection.

I quote myself, writing on 6th May:

This Vincent is a great confusion of a guy.

He constantly mixes thing up. And when reporters quoted what he says, things can go horribly wrong.

The mawas he was talking about refers to the colony of Bigfoot founded by this previously unknown Johor Wildlife Protection Society.

He mentioned that he knew the person who took the photos. but it is clear that those photos he mentioned refers to the mawas that was spotted by a logger in Lenggor Forest. The Society later tried to get it named as Orang Lenggor.

The links to those mawas are here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/my_bf_colony.pdf) and here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/bf_colony_moving.pdf).

Vincent also informed that the DNA test from 2 strand of hair proved to be human. It was mentioned in such a way as if to indicate that the strand of hair was found at the location where the mawas was photographed.

But it was actually found at Panti areas, where Kampung Lukut was situated, a agricultural farmland. That those hairs proved to be human is no surprise.

The story of those hairs is here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/still-in-doubt.pdf).

I have been emphasising a fair bit that Kampung Lukut is not the place where maswas or bigfoot was found.

When the news break out in Dec 2005, Vincent called it King kong before reverting to the more popular Bigfoot. In fact, I conducted interviews around Johor and only people in Kota Tinggi describe the mawas as king kong-like.

Historically, Mawas, or orangutan was seen in Mawai, whose rivers run into Sedili forest (that connects lenggor forest).

Interesting, Lenggor is the place where also this wildlife society says their mawas was seen, and where also our Orang Asli Interviewees, especially, Amir Ali, said he saw his mawas.

One of his description, included a bigger-than average ear feature. This is recorded in my Bigfoot article under Amir’s interview, and is a fact not mentioned elsewhere before. But this desciption was picked up by Vincent as well. (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/BF.htm#s5.6)

During the interview, the reporters asked him about the Sultan’s family pointed that the mawas could be the orangutans released 40 years ago. This news of the Sultan appeared not in the Malaysia press, but in Singapore chinese papers. It was discovered by me and translated into english, and remains the only source anywhere where this news in english could be found.

Thus I can say that though no one mentioned it, THEY ARE getting pointers from my article.

As for Peter Loh, he is a SPI member, 1 organisation who is helping Vincent Chow launch his book. This fact is of course not disclosed as he tried to write his commentary as ‘an outsider’ impressed with Mr Vincent. (as it pans out, the group was was guynning for publicity)

There is a great mix up of stories arising from malaysia, and anyone not in the know, can be misled easily.

The original story of the Bigfoot Family never existed. The Fish farm workers who saw the family never existed. Vincent mixes everything up by describing accounts of past years encounters and reciting them as if they were happening.

You can read all these here (http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/BF.htm#s8).

Unquote.

Fengshui, Let’s finish up this fiasco with a point to point correlation of the movement of the Sultan orang Utans with the movement of this Homo Erectus of Vincent.

Anonymous

further updates are coming..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.