Was that a Balloon?

Home Page Forums API Singapore API A’X’IAN Files Was that a Balloon?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Todayonline
      Voices // Tuesday, July 26, 2005
      By Kate Smith

I FINALLY saw the film War of the Worlds recently. I found it exciting and distressing. The guy three seats in front of me snored throughout the second half and I watched it as intensely as I do the safety demonstrations on aircraft รขโ‚ฌโ€ because you just never know.

When I tell people of my interest in unidentified flying objects (UFOs) I get several reactions.

Some giggle nervously as if I had inadvertently tucked my skirt into the back of my knickers. Some ask to see a certificate of sanity. Some, who have no knowledge of the subject, pat me on the head and reassure me there are no such thing as space aliens.

Others, for some reason, get angry as if I had questioned their mother’s morals. Mostly, people just act as if they had developed sudden-onset hearing loss. For the majority, UFOs are on a par with fairies, elves, sightings of Elvis Presley riding the Loch Ness monster, and the anti-ageing pill that makes you look 18 again.

This is not so, however, for the people of Mexico. To Mexicans, War of the Worlds might appear to be a taste of things to come rather than a sci-fi Hollywood blockbuster.

Let me explain. On June 24 in Xalapa, the capital city of the Mexican state of Veracruz, Governor Fidel Herrera Beltran was just finishing the ceremonial handing over of new cars to the police department. At 10.30am, a member of his staff alerted him to something in the sky.

What the governor along with the police, his staff, the assembled media and many onlookers saw was 14 UFOs.

These 14 white spheres remained motionless in formation for 30 minutes, while the local media filmed and photographed them. The Governor nervously commented: “It seems the Martians have arrived!”

Two days later, a newspaper article claimed that the spheres were balloons released by a seven-year-old girl and her friends. Well, that explained everything … or did it?

This explanation would mean that the governor, media and the police (who are trained observers) were unable to identify simple balloons for a full half an hour. Now either the balloon explanation is wrong, or the whole town was indulging in too much tequila.

Secondly, it would seem this little girl has been really busy over the years and seems to be able to defy the ageing process: These ‘fleet’ sightings of luminous, white spheres have been witnessed by thousands in Mexico since 1992.

For whatever reason, these sightings have increased over the last three years, especially over the last few months. The number of spheres can range from seven to the hundreds.

The very day these 14 UFOs were seen, a woman filmed hundreds of these spheres in another area of Mexico; what a pair of lungs that seven-year-old must have!

Now I’m not saying these spheres are aliens from another planet. I’m simply saying they remain unidentified and deserve some attention. And I’m not alone: In 1985, the late astronaut Gordon Cooper gave a speech to the United Nations about UFOs.

He said: “I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more technically advanced than we are on Earth.

“I feel that we need to have a top level, co-ordinated programme to scientifically collect and analyse data from all over the Earth concerning any type of encounter, and to determine how best to interact with these visitors in a friendly fashion.”

I doubt the UN panel sat there giggling at Gordon as if he’d tucked his spacesuit into his knickers.

So, while you’re enjoying War of the Worlds from the comfort and safety of your cinema seat, spare a thought for the people of Mexico. Oh, and look out for any suspicious seven-year-olds carrying balloons.

The writer lives in Singapore and studied parapsychology for two years at Coventry University in Britain. What are your views on UFOs? Tell us at news@newstoday.com.sg Kate Smith

Anonymous

We should alert her to API’s existence. ๐Ÿ˜†

Mexico has been a haven to ufo sightings for the past decade. Maybe if can, we should go mexico and gather materials for API ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Author

Anonymous

Todayonline
          Voices // Tuesday, July 26, 2005
          By Kate Smith

I FINALLY saw the film War of the Worlds recently. I found it exciting and distressing. The guy three seats in front of me snored throughout the second half and I watched it as intensely as I do the safety demonstrations on aircraft รขโ‚ฌโ€ because you just never know.

When I tell people of my interest in unidentified flying objects (UFOs) I get several reactions.

Some giggle nervously as if I had inadvertently tucked my skirt into the back of my knickers. Some ask to see a certificate of sanity. Some, who have no knowledge of the subject, pat me on the head and reassure me there are no such thing as space aliens.

Others, for some reason, get angry as if I had questioned their mother’s morals. Mostly, people just act as if they had developed sudden-onset hearing loss. For the majority, UFOs are on a par with fairies, elves, sightings of Elvis Presley riding the Loch Ness monster, and the anti-ageing pill that makes you look 18 again.

This is not so, however, for the people of Mexico. To Mexicans, War of the Worlds might appear to be a taste of things to come rather than a sci-fi Hollywood blockbuster.

Let me explain. On June 24 in Xalapa, the capital city of the Mexican state of Veracruz, Governor Fidel Herrera Beltran was just finishing the ceremonial handing over of new cars to the police department. At 10.30am, a member of his staff alerted him to something in the sky.

What the governor along with the police, his staff, the assembled media and many onlookers saw was 14 UFOs.

These 14 white spheres remained motionless in formation for 30 minutes, while the local media filmed and photographed them. The Governor nervously commented: “It seems the Martians have arrived!”

Two days later, a newspaper article claimed that the spheres were balloons released by a seven-year-old girl and her friends. Well, that explained everything … or did it?

This explanation would mean that the governor, media and the police (who are trained observers) were unable to identify simple balloons for a full half an hour. Now either the balloon explanation is wrong, or the whole town was indulging in too much tequila.

Secondly, it would seem this little girl has been really busy over the years and seems to be able to defy the ageing process: These ‘fleet’ sightings of luminous, white spheres have been witnessed by thousands in Mexico since 1992.

For whatever reason, these sightings have increased over the last three years, especially over the last few months. The number of spheres can range from seven to the hundreds.

The very day these 14 UFOs were seen, a woman filmed hundreds of these spheres in another area of Mexico; what a pair of lungs that seven-year-old must have!

Now I’m not saying these spheres are aliens from another planet. I’m simply saying they remain unidentified and deserve some attention. And I’m not alone: In 1985, the late astronaut Gordon Cooper gave a speech to the United Nations about UFOs.

He said: “I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more technically advanced than we are on Earth.

“I feel that we need to have a top level, co-ordinated programme to scientifically collect and analyse data from all over the Earth concerning any type of encounter, and to determine how best to interact with these visitors in a friendly fashion.”

I doubt the UN panel sat there giggling at Gordon as if he’d tucked his spacesuit into his knickers.

So, while you’re enjoying War of the Worlds from the comfort and safety of your cinema seat, spare a thought for the people of Mexico. Oh, and look out for any suspicious seven-year-olds carrying balloons.

The writer lives in Singapore and studied parapsychology for two years at Coventry University in Britain. What are your views on UFOs? Tell us at news@newstoday.com.sg Kate Smith

Anonymous

We should alert her to API’s existence. ๐Ÿ˜†

Mexico has been a haven to ufo sightings for the past decade. Maybe if can, we should go mexico and gather materials for API ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.