Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

“Yeti hand” picture goes on display
      Disney World displays local man’s picture of purported yeti hand
      By TAVIA GREEN
      The Eagle-Gazette Staff
      Originally published June 25, 2006

LANCASTER – Cryptozoologist Marc E.W. Miller and four of his colleagues left Ohio for Nepal and the Tibet border in February 1986 to search for evidence of a yeti – commonly known as the abominable snowman or Bigfoot.

When Miller, a Lancaster native, left for his great adventure 22 years ago, he never imagined he would hold what was believed to be the scalp of a yeti, receive possible hair samples from a yeti and take a picture with what is believed to be a yeti’s hand.

“To find something is unexplainable,” Miller said. “It’s how you feel when you win. … It’s that adventure and excitement.”

A cryptozoologist is a researcher who studies creatures that haven’t been proved to exist.

The picture of Miller holding a case with the yeti’s hand is now displayed for people from all over the world to see while enjoying the thrills of “Expedition Everest” at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom.

The Everest Expedtion rollercoaster train stops in the museum briefly during the ride.

The ride opened two months ago in the Buena Vista, Fla., Disney theme park and features an exciting real-life depiction of what the Himalayan mountains are like – including a life-like encounter with the yeti.

But finding possible evidence of the yeti is the outcome of only one of Miller’s world expeditions.

Miller, who has practiced as a neuropsychologist in Lancaster for more than 20 years, has been all over the world. He has explored primitive society in Africa, searched for rare animals in China and Egypt, withstood various types of climates and dangerous situations and wrote two books about his adventures.

One of his most prized finds was a rare species of the Asian elephant in China.

“I was paralyzed when I saw it,” he said.

Pictures and keepsakes of all of his adventures hang on the walls of his safari-themed neuropsychology office.

Having an artifact from one of his expeditions displayed publicly is something Miller thinks is quite unique. He plans to go to Florida to see the Yeti attraction one day.

“I’m happy I’ve lived and got to see more primitive society,” Miller said. “I’ve had quite a few adventures.”

(Bright Spot is an occasional feature showcasing Fairfield County residents and good things happening in the community.)

Source : HERE

• Author

Anonymous

“Yeti hand” picture goes on display
        Disney World displays local man’s picture of purported yeti hand
        By TAVIA GREEN
        The Eagle-Gazette Staff
        Originally published June 25, 2006

LANCASTER – Cryptozoologist Marc E.W. Miller and four of his colleagues left Ohio for Nepal and the Tibet border in February 1986 to search for evidence of a yeti – commonly known as the abominable snowman or Bigfoot.

When Miller, a Lancaster native, left for his great adventure 22 years ago, he never imagined he would hold what was believed to be the scalp of a yeti, receive possible hair samples from a yeti and take a picture with what is believed to be a yeti’s hand.

“To find something is unexplainable,” Miller said. “It’s how you feel when you win. … It’s that adventure and excitement.”

A cryptozoologist is a researcher who studies creatures that haven’t been proved to exist.

The picture of Miller holding a case with the yeti’s hand is now displayed for people from all over the world to see while enjoying the thrills of “Expedition Everest” at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom.

The Everest Expedtion rollercoaster train stops in the museum briefly during the ride.

The ride opened two months ago in the Buena Vista, Fla., Disney theme park and features an exciting real-life depiction of what the Himalayan mountains are like – including a life-like encounter with the yeti.

But finding possible evidence of the yeti is the outcome of only one of Miller’s world expeditions.

Miller, who has practiced as a neuropsychologist in Lancaster for more than 20 years, has been all over the world. He has explored primitive society in Africa, searched for rare animals in China and Egypt, withstood various types of climates and dangerous situations and wrote two books about his adventures.

One of his most prized finds was a rare species of the Asian elephant in China.

“I was paralyzed when I saw it,” he said.

Pictures and keepsakes of all of his adventures hang on the walls of his safari-themed neuropsychology office.

Having an artifact from one of his expeditions displayed publicly is something Miller thinks is quite unique. He plans to go to Florida to see the Yeti attraction one day.

“I’m happy I’ve lived and got to see more primitive society,” Miller said. “I’ve had quite a few adventures.”

(Bright Spot is an occasional feature showcasing Fairfield County residents and good things happening in the community.)

Source : HERE

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.