question on MRT Ghost picture

Home Page Forums API Singapore API A’X’IAN Files question on MRT Ghost picture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I think by level of intelligence of API members you already know that the shiny poles they are the reflection and thus are IN the carriage. And due to the angle it is being shot, ,one part of the pole was blacked out. The blacked out portion refers to where the photographer probably stood. Physical analysis can be done by measuring the photographer’s height and then doing physics calcuations, or actually even by re-enactng the whole scene.

Why is the metal pole so white when photographer is in front of metal pole? ( as seen in the picture ). My explanation : the flash light reflected to the front and then reflected again at the aluminium rods and then reflecting again to the front and all this light goes back to the camera.

Perhaps this is simply reflection of the MRT’s lights or perhaps a train could be going in opposite direction and thus the headlights. or Perhaps the tunnel or whatever lights.

Forgive me if my Physics understanding is wrong. Its a long time since I touched optics, I am very good in it 😉 – but I can’t rmb much about optics now

Anonymous

Hi weixue,

WE did reenact the scene.

Our investigation can be found here: http://www.api.sg/cases/c05_002.htm

And our results, here: http://www.api.sg/cases/c05_s002c.htm

We conclude through on-site investigation that it is a poster, but now still looking for that poster to confirm our findings, and again to find out what this mystery poster really is.

ah… I just read your other post so now realise that you were the mystery caller who sms me earlier..

Well I am glad you are posting here, and hope to talk to you again. I hope to share your photo analysing skills

Anonymous

9, can you tell us where the research that it is an ad for myopia and the girl was wearing bino come from?

I am also puzzled by the arrow….. and the chinese word that look like burn… doesn’t tie up with the myopia ad

Anonymous

Yeah dont know how these 2 link up the myopia ad and the Kao and the arrow.

Above I say about the black part of the pole caused by photographer I realise its not possible cause if thats the case the reflection of the photograper will be as clear as the holding grips of the MRT. I think it is due to the three ladies sitting there…. 😕

Anonymous

I went thru the old archives of Singapore, came across a picture of a stall selling roasted pork, duck etc etc… It looked somewhat like the setup in the picture of the girl. Photostated one and passed to charles already.

Anonymous

That sounds interesting. Maybe case solved!! I read that this case was started circa August 2005 and it has dragged for so long alr! 😕

Anonymous

if was a poster , why not tt colourful 1?? onli 1 colour

Anonymous

@weixue wrote:

That sounds interesting. Maybe case solved!! I read that this case was started circa August 2005 and it has dragged for so long alr! 😕

Any case can be simple or complex – what we try at API, is to exhaust all possible means and leads, before we can finalise on a conclusion. 😀

Also there is the timing of each API member doing the search, cos all have day jobs or classes. Still, we rather do it slower and get the facts right, then anyhow do, anyhow present, and anyhow lead people down the wrong path. 😆

Anonymous

Is the source reliable?

Cause I saw something on youtube on how to take 35mm photos which turn out to be ghost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC6FxxafCuo&mode=related&search=

The MRT train poster looks very akin to this technique.

Anonymous

Yup it is reliable..

Immediately after it was shown in Straits Times, a lady wrote in to say she too had seen it on the mrt before at around that time.

Anonymous

@weiss_kreuz wrote:

😆 😆 😆

What a lousy production. I would like to point out a few things to debunk this phony picture.

1) As far as my research results show… Apparatitions (hope i got the spelling correct 😳 ) or Entities that show up in photographs proven real do not appear in such a full-bodied or clear form. They will always tend to appear in a blurry, transparent or translucent manner. The one shown here is so full-bodied that i personally believe it to be a cut and paste thing (with efforts done to it of course).

2) If there really was anything peculiar about the photo, namely the apparatition, it would have been shown around long ago and not wait til so many years later.

3) There have never been any reports (Offical and Unoffical) of hauntings in the Marina Bay stretch of the MRT tunnel. So now, suddenly a photo pops out of no where and gets claimed that it was taken years back…. ZZZZZZ 🙄 🙄

I wonder…. …. Perhaps we should get the person/s involve in the hoax to go see a real apparatition and learn a few things from it…

Hi…. Hope my above comments are not too haughty to all…

After reading through the comments, i still stictly believe that it is just a hoax…. remember… apparatitions are never so clear and obvious….

3 more things to point out why in the world would a ghost be wearing something so funny??? Don’t you think it is not logical…. A bino should be something you hold not wear… so looking at it, it should be from a poster or advertisement….

And the 2nd point would be relate to the pole… Why in the world would the two poles reflect light or simply put shine so differently…. it does not look logical to a layman like me….

3rd and last point… if you look at the T-shirt on the girl, you will notice that there seems to be some sort of erase mark down the centre of her tee… Why do you think it would appear like that?

My two cents view… pls feel free to rebut if you disagree…

Anonymous

Our stand in this MRT girl case has always been that that its a advertising poster used around that time. 😀

The origins of the photo is from a trusted source, who’s integrity can be trusted upon that he did not tamper with it.

Anyway, from your posts, one can see that you also have the same critical thinking to exhaust all possible leads before drawing a conclusion – a very important factor in such paranormal studies. 😀

The questions you’ve pointed out is also posted by the rest of the other members – maybe you can share your thots with theirs as well? 😀

As for being haughty, well… 😀 maybe a bit lah, in your very first post (the one you quoted), but as you can see, we are very open-minded in this forum – all views from all types of religions are acknowledged with the same respect given.

We look forward to seeing more readers posting their own analysis in any of the matters mentioned in this forum. Cheers! 😀

Anonymous

Thank you for the comments… The truth was that i drank quite abit before the 1st post was written… 😳 😳

I will try to keep contributing as time goes along, provided my work does not blog me down….

Anonymous

@weiss_kreuz wrote:

Thank you for the comments… The truth was that i drank quite abit before the 1st post was written… 😳 😳

I will try to keep contributing as time goes along, provided my work does not blog me down….

I sniggered when I read that part about you having drunk quite a bit before posting. But hey, you’d be surprised sometimes when you a bit high on alchohol, the things you write can hit on the facts quite well. 😀

Good good, as long as you have the time, do drop in on us anytime. 😀

Anonymous

Perhaps weiss_kreuz might be interested in the way we analyzed various ‘ghost photos”?

Do check out our Understanding Paranormal Photos Series.

• Author

Anonymous

I think by level of intelligence of API members you already know that the shiny poles they are the reflection and thus are IN the carriage. And due to the angle it is being shot, ,one part of the pole was blacked out. The blacked out portion refers to where the photographer probably stood. Physical analysis can be done by measuring the photographer’s height and then doing physics calcuations, or actually even by re-enactng the whole scene.

Why is the metal pole so white when photographer is in front of metal pole? ( as seen in the picture ). My explanation : the flash light reflected to the front and then reflected again at the aluminium rods and then reflecting again to the front and all this light goes back to the camera.

Perhaps this is simply reflection of the MRT’s lights or perhaps a train could be going in opposite direction and thus the headlights. or Perhaps the tunnel or whatever lights.

Forgive me if my Physics understanding is wrong. Its a long time since I touched optics, I am very good in it 😉 – but I can’t rmb much about optics now

Anonymous

Hi weixue,

WE did reenact the scene.

Our investigation can be found here: http://www.api.sg/cases/c05_002.htm

And our results, here: http://www.api.sg/cases/c05_s002c.htm

We conclude through on-site investigation that it is a poster, but now still looking for that poster to confirm our findings, and again to find out what this mystery poster really is.

ah… I just read your other post so now realise that you were the mystery caller who sms me earlier..

Well I am glad you are posting here, and hope to talk to you again. I hope to share your photo analysing skills

Anonymous

9, can you tell us where the research that it is an ad for myopia and the girl was wearing bino come from?

I am also puzzled by the arrow….. and the chinese word that look like burn… doesn’t tie up with the myopia ad

Anonymous

Yeah dont know how these 2 link up the myopia ad and the Kao and the arrow.

Above I say about the black part of the pole caused by photographer I realise its not possible cause if thats the case the reflection of the photograper will be as clear as the holding grips of the MRT. I think it is due to the three ladies sitting there…. 😕

Anonymous

I went thru the old archives of Singapore, came across a picture of a stall selling roasted pork, duck etc etc… It looked somewhat like the setup in the picture of the girl. Photostated one and passed to charles already.

Anonymous

Anonymous

if was a poster , why not tt colourful 1?? onli 1 colour

Anonymous

@weixue wrote:

Any case can be simple or complex – what we try at API, is to exhaust all possible means and leads, before we can finalise on a conclusion. 😀

Also there is the timing of each API member doing the search, cos all have day jobs or classes. Still, we rather do it slower and get the facts right, then anyhow do, anyhow present, and anyhow lead people down the wrong path. 😆

Anonymous

Is the source reliable?

Cause I saw something on youtube on how to take 35mm photos which turn out to be ghost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC6FxxafCuo&mode=related&search=

The MRT train poster looks very akin to this technique.

Anonymous

Yup it is reliable..

Immediately after it was shown in Straits Times, a lady wrote in to say she too had seen it on the mrt before at around that time.

Anonymous

@weiss_kreuz wrote:

😆 😆 😆

What a lousy production. I would like to point out a few things to debunk this phony picture.

1) As far as my research results show… Apparatitions (hope i got the spelling correct 😳 ) or Entities that show up in photographs proven real do not appear in such a full-bodied or clear form. They will always tend to appear in a blurry, transparent or translucent manner. The one shown here is so full-bodied that i personally believe it to be a cut and paste thing (with efforts done to it of course).

2) If there really was anything peculiar about the photo, namely the apparatition, it would have been shown around long ago and not wait til so many years later.

3) There have never been any reports (Offical and Unoffical) of hauntings in the Marina Bay stretch of the MRT tunnel. So now, suddenly a photo pops out of no where and gets claimed that it was taken years back…. ZZZZZZ 🙄 🙄

I wonder…. …. Perhaps we should get the person/s involve in the hoax to go see a real apparatition and learn a few things from it…

Hi…. Hope my above comments are not too haughty to all…

After reading through the comments, i still stictly believe that it is just a hoax…. remember… apparatitions are never so clear and obvious….

3 more things to point out why in the world would a ghost be wearing something so funny??? Don’t you think it is not logical…. A bino should be something you hold not wear… so looking at it, it should be from a poster or advertisement….

And the 2nd point would be relate to the pole… Why in the world would the two poles reflect light or simply put shine so differently…. it does not look logical to a layman like me….

3rd and last point… if you look at the T-shirt on the girl, you will notice that there seems to be some sort of erase mark down the centre of her tee… Why do you think it would appear like that?

My two cents view… pls feel free to rebut if you disagree…

Anonymous

Our stand in this MRT girl case has always been that that its a advertising poster used around that time. 😀

The origins of the photo is from a trusted source, who’s integrity can be trusted upon that he did not tamper with it.

Anyway, from your posts, one can see that you also have the same critical thinking to exhaust all possible leads before drawing a conclusion – a very important factor in such paranormal studies. 😀

The questions you’ve pointed out is also posted by the rest of the other members – maybe you can share your thots with theirs as well? 😀

As for being haughty, well… 😀 maybe a bit lah, in your very first post (the one you quoted), but as you can see, we are very open-minded in this forum – all views from all types of religions are acknowledged with the same respect given.

We look forward to seeing more readers posting their own analysis in any of the matters mentioned in this forum. Cheers! 😀

Anonymous

Anonymous

@weiss_kreuz wrote:

I sniggered when I read that part about you having drunk quite a bit before posting. But hey, you’d be surprised sometimes when you a bit high on alchohol, the things you write can hit on the facts quite well. 😀

Good good, as long as you have the time, do drop in on us anytime. 😀

Anonymous

Perhaps weiss_kreuz might be interested in the way we analyzed various ‘ghost photos”?

Do check out our Understanding Paranormal Photos Series.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.